Meeting His Match (Ouat FF)- A Feeling Not Felt Before

A Feeling Not Felt Before

Nate's P.O.V.

I ran through the forest, following the trail I picked up on Snow White. It's been three weeks since I got my assignment and it's been harder then I thought. Something keeps covering her tracks which leads me to believe she has someone with her. But their not good enough to trick the famous Rogue. That's for sure.

I stop, kneeling down to the tracks and lifting the dirt in my fingers. It's still fresh. They must be close. I look up, letting the dirt fall as I stand up and begin to run again. I run along the dirt road then come close to the forest border, jumping up. I grab hold of a branch and swing myself up to the tall tree. I then begin to jump from tree to tree along the past. I start to hear voices so I slow down, climbing down and hiding among the trees as I watch the two. It's definitely Snow White. I can tell from the giant white cloak. And there's someone next to her in a red cloak, and they're talking as the girl in red drops something on the ground, making their tracks disappear instantly.

I smirk. "Gotcha," I say to myself, then walk along the forest as I hide from them. I see the girl in red turn in my direction and quickly hide behind a tree.

I hear her hum and continue to walk with Snow.

"Are you sure no one is following us?" she asks Snow. I hear Snow laugh.

"Red, you're the one using the magic here. No one is following us, I'm sure," Snow says, making me smirk.

I continue to walk along side them, making sure my green cloak hides myself in the trees.

"I don't know Mary, I just get this feeling," the girl I now know as Red says. Okay, I'll have to get rid of her too.

I ready my bow and arrow at Snow's head, the arrow glistening in the sunlight, and let it fly. I guess Little Red heard it because she turned in my direction, jump in front of Snow, and catch the arrow. I sigh, letting the bow drop and grab my knifes, ready for a fight. I see Snow turn and gasp in horror when she sees what happened.

"Mary, run," Red says as I slowly, taking my times, walk down to them, readying my knifes. Snow shakes her head, but Red snaps at her.

"Now! Mary!" Snow quickly took the warning and began to run. I make my way to her but Red steps in my way, her eyes glowing amber, as she pushes me hard back, making me fly and hit my back on a tree. I groan standing up, glaring at her from under my cloak. I run at her dogging her swings at me and hit her in the back of the head with the handle of my knife, knocking her out instantly. Damn werewolf.

"Bad dog," I hiss, and run after Snow.

I run back to the trees and jump up, jumping from tree to tree. I see her running in fear as I grab a vine and swing on it, jumping across the trail to the other side of the forest behind her, my sickening laugh echoing through the wood.

I finally get ahead of her and jump down, tackling her to the ground. I turn her on her back and place my knife to her neck, but stop when she pleas,

"Stop! Please!"

I stare at the girl in front of me in... pity? She was no more than 20 at least. I stare at her and something just flashes in my mind.

I was hit in the back of the head with a candle stick, knocking me to the ground in front of my father. I turn, feeling the back of my head to feel the blood gushing out of my wound. I stare up at the bearded man and cry,

"Please, stop!" He only laughed, coming towards me and hitting me unconscious.

I stare down at her, slowly getting off and and standing up. I put my knife back in my boot, turn around and walk away, back into the woods. Why did I let her go? I never let anyone go. And why did that memory come back? Was that pity I felt for the girl? I never feel pity for any of the people I kill.

Why was she different?

***

I sigh as nightfall hit, climbing up to my tree house and walking in. I set my weapons on the kitchen table and pull down my hood, and hang it on the chair as I change into my pants and white long sleeved shirt.

I did my normal routine. Eat soup, wash clothing, and sharpen weapons, etc. I then head up to the roof with my red apple in hand and lay down, looking up at the shinning moon and stars. I take a breath, taking a bite out of my apple and chewing it silently.

"Hey Grams, Emily, so... Today I let someone go," I start saying to the moon, hoping my grand-mother and little sister would hear me, "I know, crazy. I have no idea why though. I mean, yeah, she reminded me of me when Dad would beat me but... I meet a lot of girls like that. Why is Snow White so different?" I snap, taking a hard bite out of my apple, looking away from the sky.

I sigh. "Maybe I've finally gone soft. But I can't let that happened, not after..." I trail off, trying not to tear up. I sigh, looking up at the sky.

"I'm lost, guys. I don't know what to do... I miss you guys so much..." I sob, my face in my hands as I sat up. I then hear the wind rustling wildly. That's weird. I open my eyes and gasp at the sight in front of me.

It was a shadow with glowing eyes.

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE.

LOVE YAL!!!!!!!!