Meeting His Match (Ouat FF)- Progress Being Made

Progress Being Made

Pan's P.O.V.

I watched as Rogue walked out of her (my) tent this morning. Wearing her usual dress like cloak, hood up. Her blonde-brown hair sprawled over her shoulders, with her short bangs pulled to the side to cover half of her full, brown eyes. She took her usual seat on the log by the fire next to Bae, him handing her her usual pieces of bacon, some egg, and a shinny red apple. What is it with this girl and apples?

I make my way to the fire for breakfast, sitting next to Felix and digging into Chubs's, the chef, excellent breakfast. I looked up from my plate to see Rogue staring at me, with narrowed eyes. I smirk at her, winking, causing her to roll her eyes and bring her eyes down to her plate as she continued eating. Hm, I wonder what's on her mind?

After breakfast, I watched as Rogue took a seat on a log with Bae, talking with him. You see, while everyone did their normal routine, I had Bae try and get as much info off of Rogue as he could. So far, not much. So, it's my turn now.

I hid in the trees of the clearing they were in. I whistle, making Bae glance in my direction. I motion him to leave so I could talk to Rogue alone. He understood, standing up from the log and sighing.

"Well, I have some stuff to do around camp. I'll see you later Roe," he said, before waving.

She sort of smiled back, waving as he walked away. That's when I decided to make myself known, leaning on a tree behind her, arms crossed over my chest.

"Lonesome?" I ask, making her jump.

But not the scared jump, I mean literally jump to her feet and throw a knife in my direction. I move my head to the side, the blade missing my noggin by just an inch. I stare at her amused, pulling the blade out of the tree. She sighs, leaning on one leg and crossing her arms over her chest.

"What do you want, Pan?" she asked in an annoyed tone.

I shrug, quickly throwing the knife at her head, only to have her catch it just as it was about to hit her face. I stare at her wide eyed. How did she do that? She sighed, dropping her knife down her sleeve.

I shake my head, putting the smirk back on my face. I held out a hand for her to take. "Come with me. I want to show you something," I say. She laughs.

"Yeah, and I want a white steed named Squirrel," she says sarcastically, making me roll my eyes.

"Come on, Love. I'm serious," I say. She eyes my hand cautiously.

"I won't bite, Sweetheart... Hard," I smirk. She rolls her eyes, taking my hand.

I close my eyes, teleporting us to a near by river. I let go of her hand, walking to the river and kneeling down, feeling the dirt and grass under my finger tips. I hear her sigh, walking over.

"What are we doing here, Pan?" she asks, standing next to me. I look out to the river flow.

"I used to come here everyday. When it was just me and I didn't have the boys. I would watch the river flow as skip rocks," I skip a rock to make my point. "It would calm me down when I was feeling lonely."

She sits next to me, pulling her legs to her chest and wrapping her arms around them. "Why are you telling me this?" she asked, turning her head to look at me. I turn my head to look at her.

"Because I figured it could do the same for you." She laughs, looking forward to the river.

"What do you mean? I'm not lonely, I choose to be alone," she says. I shake my head.

"Just because we choose to be lonely doesn't mean it's because we want to." She sighs, looking down.

"Look, I know how you feel. Because I was the same way. Lost, lonely, not knowing where to go. But then I found the boys. And they became my family. We could do the same for you," I tell her. She looks at me with a hard glare.

"How do I know this isn't a trick?" I chuckle, shaking my head.

"So paranoid Rogue. And you don't. Guess you'll have to take a leap of faith on this one," I shrug.

She looks at her feet, weighing her options. I watch her, tilting my head to the side. Is it really this hard for the girl to have some faith? She needs another push. I stand, holding out my hand to her.

"Come on, I want you to try something," I say, grabbing her hand and pulling her up. She sighs, but stands with an annoyed look.

I smirk. "Trust me, you'll like this."

I then push myself off of the ground, instantly floating off the ground. She stares at me wide eyed. I pull her up, lifting her off the ground. She looks down, facinated by this. It actually looks like she's smiling a bit.

I fly up higher, tilting my head to the side. "Here we go."

I then start to fly above the trees, her hand still in mine as I make my route to the cliff above the sea. She looks down, smiling and laughing like a kid, and not the evil, self-cautious girl I met. She decides to be brave, letting my hand go, little by little, until she let go. She was floating for a while, but then she started to fall. Panic filled me, and I instantly went to speed to her rescue, but stopped myself when I saw her put some kind of magica barrier around her, making her float.

She had some trouble flying, like a little deer trying to walk for the first time. Eventually, she got it. And she started to glide to the sky, her laughs filling the winds breath. I waved a hand at her, telling her to follow me. We then made out way to the cliff. I slowly landed on my feet, Rogue doing the same with some wobbles. She walks up to me, smiling bigger than ever.

"That was amazing! Absolutly brilliant! I've never had so much fun in my entire life!" she says giggling, but it was different.

Her tone was. Her voice had a very thick british accent in it. I guess she realized what she did and cleared her throat, her hard exterior coming back.

"So, why'd you bring me here?" she asked, her accent gone. I chuckle, walking up to her.

"It's no point now, Love. Why hide that beautiful accent now?" I ask, smirking as she glared.

"Well I guess there is no point now, is there? Now then, why am I here?" she asked, her accent coming out a fluent as the last time.

I smile, moving to the side and grabbing her hand, pulling her to the edge of the cliff. I point to the sun.

"That's why."

She looks, gasping at the sight. It was a beautiful sunset, the first I've seen in ages. It was a firery red and orange, reflecting on the sea with aluminating glow around it.

"Pan, this is..." she was lost for words, too amazed by the site. What else could I do to get her to trust me? Oh...

"Peter," I say, making her look at me confused.

"Call me Peter, Pan sounds like such a villan name." I chuckle. She laughs too, looking at her feet.

"Well, Peter. Thank you for today, I had a lot of fun." She smiles up at me. I stare down at her, smiling as well. She then clears her throat, looking away.

"Well, we better return. The boys are probably worrying sick," she says, pushing herself off of the floor and flying in the camp's direction. I smirk to myself, following after her.

Progress is being made.

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE.

LOVE YAL!!!!!