14.

The rest of the day went like this,with Ricky trying to talk to Nini in the classes they shared while she went out of her way to avoid him.She completely ignored his existence in lunch sticking mostly to talking with Red and Carlos,feeling a pang of guilt as she noticed his kicked puppy look but she quickly shook it off.
At the end of the day Ricky decided he had enough of it and quickly ran out of the classroom when the bell rang,to catch up with her before he lost her of his sight.He spotted her near the entrance and ran towards her.
''Nini,wait up.''he said.
She turned around and deeply sighed as he approached her.
''What do you want Ricky?'' she asked.
''Can we please talk?''he said breathlessly.
''Is there a reason for us to talk?''
''Neens,I know I screwed up,but please let's just talk''
''Hm,maybe I don't want to talk to you,did you ever talk about that?''she asked mockingly.
''Please,I hate us being like that,let's go to my house and talk this out.''
She stayed silent for a moment thinking about his words.
''I don't know if that's a good idea Ricky.''
He looked at her pleadingly.''Please,it will only take a while.''
She hesitated but despite how mad she was at him she hated this situating as much as he did.''Fine,let's go.''she begrudgingly agreed.
He quickly nodded and both of them walked towards the car,got in and drove home.
When they arrived at his house,they walked in leaving their bags at the kitchen and settled them selves on the couch.They sat there for some minutes in silence,before Nini broke it.
''You wanted to talk,so talk.''
''Right,yeah,so I wanted to apologise for yesterday and the way I left.I'm really sorry,I really am.I just-Allison texted me,apologising for the way she acted and asking to meet up and I took the opportunity to make things right.''
''Ricky,this is not just about yesterday.This is not the first time you cancel plans with me or the rest of the group to hang out with Allison.I get that she is your girlfriend but you're supposed to be my best friend and lately it hardly feels that way.''she finished.
''I know,I know and i'm so so sorry.I get a little bit over enthusiastic when she asks to hang out sometimes because we had so many problems lately and I end up ignoring all of you.I'll do better,I promise.''
She sighed.''I don't know,Ricky,I want to believe you but-'he cut her off.
''I'm serious,matter of fact I already cancelled my plans with Allison so we could spend the rest of the day together.Make up for the other day.'he said with a hopeful smile.
Nini was slightly taken aback by his statement.''So I am forgiven?''he asked hopefully?''
Her face softened.''Fine,yes you are.But this is your last chance Bowen.''
''Thank you,thank you.'' he exclaimed and immediately wrapped his arms around her,hugging her tightly.
She hugged back,not able to keep her smile from forming and her heart beating loudly at his gesture.
She just hoped he would keep his promise this time.
Would he?