26.

It was Monday morning and Nini was outside of Aiden's house waiting for him to come out,so she could drive them to school

It was Monday morning and Nini was outside of Aiden's house waiting for him to come out,so she could drive them to school.She saw him coming  towards her,a smile forming at her face when he opened the car door and settled in the passenger seat.
''Good morning.'' she said happily and started up the car.
''Good morning Neens.'' he smiled at her and connected his phone to the radio,soft music filling the comfortable silence.
As they were turning to the block the school was in Nini spoke up.''So,I talked with Ricky last night.''
He widened his eyes.''You did?''
''Yeah,we talked and solved the whole situation.''
''That's good,I know he is your best friend and that you missed him.'' he said softly.
''Yes I did,so now we're friends again,you're gonna get to know him since you never got the chance to you know?'' she said with enthusiasm as she thought about Ricky and Aiden getting along.
''Yes,that would be cool.'' he said offering her a smile.
She beamed at him as she parked the car.Both of them got out of the car heading towards the entrance,Nini quickly spotting Ricky there waiting for her.
A huge grin over took his face as she saw her approaching her,but it quickly fell when he saw the boy next to her.
''So you kept your promise I see.'' she said pointing at the coffee cup in his hand,causing him to chuckle.
''I sure did and also'' he searched through his bag and pulled out a small package ''Here are the sweets I promised.'' he said and handed her the bag.She rolled her eyes good naturedly.''So nice of you.''she said smirking.
Ricky's eyes diverted to Aiden.''Sorry man,didn't know you were coming together,I would have gotten you a coffee.'' he said,a fake smile on his face.
Aiden waved his hand.''It's okay,don't worry about it.''
''Yes plus you don't even drink coffee for some unknown reason.'' Nini said,nudging Aiden's shoulder playfully.
''I'm not having this conversation again.Coffee sucks,Neens.'' he said laughing,remembering their small debate from the other day.
Ricky visibly cringed at the sound of her nickname coming from his lips and the sight of them joking around.He cleared his throat.''Yeah,anyway,bubs we gotta get to class'' he said and took Nini's hand.
She nodded and waved at Aiden. ''See you at lunch.'' she said before Ricky muttered a 'bye' and hurriedly pulled her in the classroom.
''God what's up with you? The teacher hasn't even arrived.'' she said laughing and took her usual seat next to him.
He was ready to answer when he realised he didn't know the answer himself.All he knew was  the feeling of annoyance and how uneasy he felt seeing her messing around with Aiden,but he couldn't understand why he felt that way.
''Pff,shut up,maybe I wanted to be early because I'm thirsting for knowledge.''
She narrowed her eyes at him.''Did you hit your head last night or something?'' she said with a chuckle.
''Shh,I suddenly can't hear you,the teacher just walked in.'' he said and pointed to the teacher.
''Right,because you're thirsting for knowledge.'' she said mockingly.
''Exactly.'' he said as it was a fact.
''Dumbass.'' she muttered.
He couldn't help his little smile at the normalcy of it all,him next to her,their banter and he definitely didn't need to look at her to know she was smiling as well.