16.

Ricky quickly got out of his house and ran next door,hastily knocking

The door opened to reveal Mama D,exhaustion written on her face, looking at him curiously.
''Ricky honey,what are you doing here?''
''Oh um,Red texted me saying that something happened with Nini and we all got worried so I came here to see if she is okay.''
A look of realisation took over her face.
''Oh I see,come in.''she said and let Ricky enter the house. ''I guess she didn't tell you the news we got last night.''
''No she didn't say anything.Did something happen?''he asked,confused.
''Yes,honey.She's upstairs in her room,go talk to her.''
He nodded and went up the stairs,until he was outside of her room and knocked lightly.
''Moms,I don't want anything.''she yelled.
''Not your moms.''he answered.
At his words the door opened to reveal Nini in a messy bun,sweats and one of his old sweaters,dried tears on her face.
''What are you doing here?''she asked.
He moved her out of the way and entered her room,taking a seat at her bed.
''Neens,what happened?Red told me they have been texting you and you never answered them.We were all worried.''he said anxiously.
She looked down''It's about Lola.''she muttered.
''What about Lola?''
''She's sick.''she said and sniffled.''She will have a surgery next week which is very important and I had no idea until this morning.''she said,sadness written all over her face.
He stood up from the bed and moved towards her,wrapping her in a tight hug.
''I'm so sorry,Neens,I know how much you love your Lola.'' he said and started caressing her hair,trying to soothe her.
''I'm just really scared you know?She's so important to me and I couldn't bear if something happened to her.''she said and a tear rolled down.
''Hey,hey.''he broke the hug and looked at her.,grabbing her cheeks softly.''Nothing is happening to Lola.Come here.'' he said and led both of them to sit on her bed.
''I know this is scary,but I promise you everything is going to be okay.Lola is the toughest woman I know.''he said and she let out a small laugh.
''She is,that's true.''she muttered.''Will you be there with me?The day of the surgery?I will tell about it to Red and Kourt too,it would be nice having you all there.''she said.
He grabbed her hand tightly.''Of course,I will be there.You didn't have to ask.''he said and smiled at her.''Now please text the rest of the group because I think they are going crazy.''
''Okay,okay.''
After she sent a few texts to her friends telling them she was okay and she was going to explain later,she turned to look at Ricky,who was already looking at her.
''Everything okay,did you explain?''
''No,not yet,I will tell them later whats happening.But Ricky?''
''Yes?''
''Thank you for this.You didn't have to come and check on me.''
''Of course I did.I love you and I need to know you are well.''he said and wrapped her in his arms once again.
Her heart fluttered at his words.''Love you too,Rick.''she said and hugged him back.