45.

The next morning Nini slowly woke up,the rays of sunshine streaming through the window making her stir in her sleep.She opened her eyes and let them adjust to the light before she made an attempt to grab her phone to see the time.But she was stopped by Ricky's arm which was draped over her waist.She felt the heat and warmth radiate from his body and it was so tempting to just stay there and cuddle with him more.She shook her head though and carefully removed his hand so she wouldn't wake him.She took her phone in her hands,seeing it was 11 and checked to see if she had any texts from Aiden but nothing was there,causing her to sigh.She stood up from the bed and after going to the bathroom she got down the stairs seeing Mike at the kitchen stool sipping on his coffee.
''Oh hey,Nini,I didn't know you slept here yesterday.''a smile on his lips.
''Good Morning,um yes I did,it was late after the party,didn't want to wake up my moms.'' she explained.
''Makes sense.''
''Plus,you're a much more heavy sleeper,a rocket could come in here and you wouldn't wake up.'' she giggled.
'' Ha ha ha.Very funny kiddo.'' he said shaking his head.
''I know.'' she said as he looked at the clock.
''Oh shoot,I gotta leave.'' he said and left the mug in the sink.''Okay so,I gotta go run some errands but there's coffee ready and some ingredients for pancakes if Ricky wants to make some,I'll be back in 2 hours or so.'' Mike said.
''Okay,got it.'' she said,lifting her thumbs up.
He nodded at her and quickly grabbed his keys leaving the house.She poured herself a cup of coffee as well,opting to eat some cookies she found on the counter as she waited for Ricky to wake up.After a bit of scrolling on social media she heard footsteps on the stairs and Ricky's voice.
''Nini?''
''In the kitchen!'' she yelled.
He groaned as he reached her.''Please don't yell,my head is killing me.'' he complained.
''Well,maybe you shouldn't have drunk that much last night.'' she giggled and took a sip of her coffee.
''Shut up.'' he grumbled and opened up the drawers.He filled a cup with water and quickly took an ibuprofen hoping it would soothe his pounding head.He turned around to see Nini putting a cup of coffee in front of him.
''Here.'' she said softly.
''Thank you.'' he sent her a grateful smile.''How long have you been awake?''
''Not long,half an hour or so.Your dad was here,he said he's out for some errands so he'll be back soon.'' she said and he hummed.
A few minutes of comfortable silence passed before Nini decided to speak up again.She knew that if she didn't ask him,the overthinking and curiosity wouldn't stop.
''So.'' she said catching his attention.
''So.'' he said and left his phone on the counter.
''Do you,um remember,anything about last night?'' she asked tentatively.
''Hm,I remember drinking a lot and dancing a bit around and I remember you driving me home but I think that's it.'' he said lying,the image of them dancing vivid in his mind.
''Oh,so you don't remember anything you said after I drove you home?''
''No,I don't think so.'' he answered truthfully.
''Oh.'' she said,not being able to hide her disappointment.
''Wait,did I say something wrong? Or bad?'' he asked nervously.
''No,no,nothing like that.I was just,you know,wondering since you were really out of it last night.'' she said,a fake smile on her face.
''Are you sure?'' he asked,scared he had said the wrong thing the night before.
''Yes,you know that if you had said something dumb I'd tell you,I love making fun of you.''
He rolled his eyes.''Trust me,I know.''  he laughed a bit causing her to do as well.
''Um,I think it's time to go though.'' she said after the laughs subsided.
''Wait,so soon?''
''Well,yeah.Gotta go study and you should rest some more.'' she said.''I'll come by later to take my clothes from yesterday.I'm stealing these.'' she said pointing to his hoodie.
''Oh I know you are.I literally don't have any other clothes anymore.'' he whined.
''Your problem.'' she shrugged her shoulders as she moved towards the door him following her.
''Call me if you need anything,okay?'' she said placing a hand on his shoulder.
''I will.'' he said and pulled her in for a hug.She was caught off guard at first but soon relaxed and hugged him back while he hoped she couldn't hear how loud his heart was beating,completely oblivious that she had the same thought.She pulled away after a moment and reached for the door.
''See you tomorrow,okay?''
He nodded and saw her close the door behind him sighing to himself as he went back to his room.