52.

The last two months flew by for the two best friends and the whole friend group.All of them were swarmed with lot of work to do,assignments to hand in and preparation for the exams.That didn't stop Ricky and Nini though from spending most of their time together.From small coffee dates,or hang outs as Nini insisted they were to Kourtney,to studying hang outs,they were together most of the time.But neither was complaining.Their relationship has never been better than these two months,getting even closer.Both had to listen non stop to Ej and Kourtney respectively pestering them about the status of their relationship,insisting they were actually dating without confirming it,which wasn't far from the truth.But none of them did anything during that time,Ricky keeping his promise to give her time and being content with lingering touches and small moments,while Nini took the time she needed.To be honest,Nini regretted asking for time the moment she got into her home that night,but she knew it was important after everything that happened so both could be ready to actually be together.But that wasn't really what was stopping them right now.The actual problem? Nini was scared.Scared that Ricky didn't have those feelings anymore,that she wasn't worth it as she made him wait this long,scared that he deserved better.These were the thoughts running through her head as she watched Ricky from his couch,putting pop corn into the bawl so they could watch their movie.She couldn't help but admire him as she saw him humming lowly to music,a stray curl falling on his forehead as he bounced his head and made his way to the living room.She was shaken out of her reverie by him letting the bowls on the small table and plopping beside her.
He turned to look at her.''Hey,what's wrong?''
''Hm? Why do you think something is wrong?'' she asked and bit her bottom lip,a habit she developed the past months,an easy tell she was anxious about something.
''First off you're biting your lip.Come on,stop it.'' he said,taking hold of her chin and caressing it lightly,causing her to release her lip.''That's better,now tell me what's wrong.'' he said and grabbed her hand,caressing it.
''Nothing is wrong I promise,just a lot on my mind.'' she assured him.
''Is there something I can do?To make you feel better?'' he asked softly.
''No not really,it's just me being anxious.Putting the movie would help though.'' she said and he nodded.He brought her palm to his lips,leaving a soft kiss before he grabbed the remote and started 10 things I hate about you.
He made himself comfortable on the couch before he spoke.''Come here.'' he said and opened his arms.She quickly got closer to him and cuddled into his side,,sighing contently as he held her close to him.
''Feeling better?'' he asked with a small smirk.
''Much.''she answered with a small smile,and turned her attention to the tv in front of them.However,her attention was quickly shifted to Ricky when she heard his laugh early into the movie.She looked at him and involuntarily grinned when she saw his dimples peeking out.He turned his head just in time to find her staring at him.
''What are you looking at Neens?'' he asked,a small smirk on his face.
''Shut up.''she grumbled.
''You're adorable.'' he chuckled and kissed her temple causing a light pink to tinge her cheeks.''I know.'' she said cheekily.
''Why did you make me watch this movie if you aren't watching? I know you are obsessed with that whole enemies to lovers type of thing or whatever that is.''
''Hey! Because I am.''she said.An idea popped into her head.''You know what's better though?''
''What?'' he asked,looking at her.
''Best friends to lovers.''
''How come?'' he asked oblivious.
''Well,you know,there's something special about two people who have known each other their whole lives realising they always had feelings for each other and ending up together,don't you think?'' she asked pointedly.
''Yeah,sure.'' he answered,obviously not getting her point.
She moved a bit closer,their knees touching as she continued.''Almost like us.'' she whispered and slid a hand into his hair.He breathed a bit heavier and closed his eyes at the sensation.When he opened them Nini seemed much closer their noses almost touching.
''Wh-what are you doing?''
''What I wanted to do since forever.'' she said and before he knew it she closed the gap between them,pressing her lips into his.He stood frozen for a moment before he realised what was happening immediately kissing back.Their lips moved in sync,Nini putting her hand at the nape of his neck bringing him closer.Soon though,he pulled away.''Wait,wait.''he said and drew a breath.''Are you sure about this?''he asked.
''Ricky.Kiss me,please.'' and that was all it took for him to crash his lips into hers again,this time kissing her harder,more fiercely.He placed her hands low on her waist,tugging her to him and ultimately she climbed on his lap and circled her arms around his neck.A soft moan escaped his lips,when Nini tangled her hands through his curls while his moved along her spine causing her to shiver.They channeled all the longing and all the pining into that kiss,expressing everything they couldn't all this time.The kiss was getting needier and more desperate every passing moment,Nini letting out a little moan,parting her lips, which gave Ricky the opportunity to slip his tongue into her mouth,deepening the kiss even more.Eventually they broke apart so they could breath but Ricky didn't lose time before he connected his lips to his neck letting light feather kisses there,her tilting her head to giving him more access.He moved his lips,slowly from her neck to her collarbone pressing soft kisses on his path,almost teasing her.He groaned when Nini tugged his hair bringing his lips back to her to give him one last searing kiss before they broke it off completely,both taking deep breaths.When they calmed down,neither could keep their smiles off the face,Ricky being mesmerised by how beautiful she looked like this,her lips swollen with rosy cheeks.
''What?''she asked bashfully.
He hugged her closer by the waist.''I want to take you on a real date.'' he blurted out.
''Is this asking me on a date?''she asked.
''Yes?''
''Wow,so romantic.'' she snickered.
''Shut up.'' he rolled his eyes good naturedly.
''And now you're telling me to shut up.''she cried.''The romance really jumped out R-'' she said before she was cut off by his lips on her.
He pulled away,a lopsided grin on his face.''I could get used to shutting you up like this.''
''I don't mind it.'' she shrugged.
He took hold of her chin lifting it lightly.''Nini Salazar-Roberts will you go on a date with me?''
''Yes,Richard Bowen.'' she said dramatically.''God,we're already so cringey.'' she said.
He chuckled before he kissed her again and again and again both smiling into the kiss,until they were breathless.Yeah,they could get used to this.