35.

Aiden picked up Nini shortly after his text,them spending the first half of the day together.Right now Nini was at the car waiting for him to come back,after he gave her the keys and told her he had something to buy.As she was sitting there alone she thought about how fun this day had been with Aiden,how sweet he had been and how different it had been than what she usually does on her birthday.Maybe different was good? Yet she still felt like something was missing.Or more specifically like someone was missing.But she wouldn't let her mind go further than that,she couldn't.So she brushed the thoughts away and waited patiently for Aiden.Right at this moment the door opened up,her boyfriend getting in,a small bouquet of flowers on his hand.
''Who are these for?'' she asked.
''Who do you think they are for?'' he said laughing.''They are for you.'' he gave them to her,leaving a soft kiss on the cheek.
She felt herself blushing at the gesture and softly smiled at him.''This is so sweet,thank you.''she said sweetly.
''You're welcome.'' he beamed and started up the car.
''So,where are we going?Where is the party?'' she asked with a small smirk.
''What party?'' he asked innocently.
''Oh,come on you can tell me.'' she said with a pout.
''No idea what you're talking about babe.''
She huffed.''Fine,I'll see in a few anyway.''
He hummed.
The drive was quick and Nini realised that they were outside her house.She turned to look at Aiden who was holding back a laugh at her confused expression.''Come on,let's go.'' he said and got out of the car,rushing to her side to open up her door.Both of them got into the house,Aiden leading the way to the back garden before he stopped walking.
''Where are we going?'' she asked curiously.
''You'll see.'' he said before he stopped walking.''Well not exactly.Come here.'' he said.
''I'm gonna close your eyes and lead the way,okay?''
''Okay.'' she said hesitantly as she stood in front of him with her back,his hands situated on her eyes,guiding her forward.
''Don't peek around.''he said.
''I would never.''
''Whatever you say.''he snorted.
A minute later they arrived and he opened the back door,Aiden seeing the friend group and the parents there,signalling them it was time.
''Are we there yet?Why is it so quiet?Aiden?'' she asked.
''Surprise!'' everyone yelled as Aiden removed his hands and let her see,causing her to gape at the sight.
The garden was beautiful,the entirety of it decorated exactly like she loved,it was almost as it was taken out of her pinterest board.She could spot the small buffet with her favourite sweets and foods, the made up cinema they had created and lastly her friends and family.This is exactly what she wanted,her favourite people all together.
''Guys,oh my god this is amazing!'' she exclaimed and made her way to her group of friends,proceeding to hug them.''You are literally the best,thank you so much.'' she said.
''How did you even think about this? And made it so quickly?'' she asked smiling, her gaze inspecting the space.
''You'll have to thank Ricky for that.'' Ej butted in.''He came up with the whole idea.'' he stated.
Her eyes turned to Ricky who scratched his neck awkwardly.
''I-I mean yes kind of.But everyone helped you know?The whole credit doesn't go to me.'' he said bashfully.
''No,he might be annoying,but this was all his doing,he literally told us all what to do.'' Kourtney said laughing,sending a small grin to Ricky.
Her eyes softened,her mouth curved into a smile and took a step forward wrapping her small hands around her neck,holding him close.
''You're the best,have I told you that?''
''Once or twice.'' he said giggling,quickly wrapping his arms around her and inhaling her vanilla scent.
She felt herself melt in his arms as he held her close before he lifted her off the ground causing a loud squeal to leave her lips.
''Ricky!Put me down.'' she giggled.
He beamed at her but put her down a few seconds later,ignoring the set of eyes who were side eyeing him.
''Let's get this party started,shall we?'' Ricky said.
''Yes,but first I'm gonna greet your dad,be right back.'' she said and ran towards Mike hugging him,his heart melting seeing his favourite people being this close.He felt a hand slap his shoulder and turned around to see Ej,smirking at him.''You're welcome by the way.'' he said smugly.
He rolled his eyes good naturedly.''Yeah,yeah,thank you.Maybe you don't suck so much.''
''Hey!I'm doing god's work here.I deserve better than this treatment.'' Ej whined.
''Can you whine as we go to eat something though?I'm hungry''.
''You're the worst.''
''Thanks.'' he said cheerfully.''Now let's go eat.''he said and dragged him by the hand.