43.

It was probably an hour later and Nini and Aiden were sitting at a couch a bit far away from the dance floor.They had danced for a while before Nini came up with a lame excuse so they could sit down and take a breath after everything.They talked for some time,Aiden initiating most of the conversation,before they fell into relative silence,awkwardness filling the air.Truth is that the uncomfortableness was mostly radiated from Nini,who was feeling very guilty after what happened with Ricky and was unable to make the countless thoughts running through her head stop.She heard her boyfriend sigh,and looked up to see him check his phone.
''Um,you know what Nini? It's 1:30,I think I'm going to go.'' he said and stood up,her following his actions.
''Wait,why?''
''Eh,I'm tired and I know that Kourtney will drive you home,so no reason for me to stay here.'' he said,a little passive aggressively.
She frowned.''No reason?I-I am here.''
''Doesn't seem like it.'' he mumbled.
''What?'' she asked even though she heard him pretty clearly.
''You heard me Nini.You're here but it doesn't seem like you really care if I am or not.''
''That's not true!'' she exclaimed. ''I-''she took a big breath.''Can we go outside please to talk about this?'' he nodded,grabbing her softly by the hand and leading her outside in the garden,where very few people were standing,clearly intoxicated.
''Okay,we're outside.'' he said. ''Now what?''
She stayed silent for a moment.''Do you really think that?'' she said,her head low.
''It's pretty obvious right now Nini.'' he answered.''And we both know the reason.'' he said,her eyes immediately shooting up at his.
''What is that supposed to mean?'' she said,raising her voice.
''Oh come on!You can't be that blind.You know why.''
She felt herself getting anxious at his statement but she still stood her ground.''Oh,please enlighten me then.''
''It's because of Ricky!'' he exclaimed,Nini feeling her heart drop.''It's about you defending him earlier when I told you about his behaviour'' he got cut off.
''I wasn't defending him I simply said that-''
''And you're ready to do it now as well.''
''But I explained about that!''
''It's not just that.'' he said shaking his head.''It's also you and being obviously jealous of him and that girl.''he said,his jaw clenched.
''I wasn't jealous.'' she muttered.
''Really? Because it was obvious to everyone when we played that damn game.''he said.
A moment of silence passed before he spoke again.''I'm going home,we're not in the right state to talk about this right now.''
''No,wait don't-''
''It's for the best.We'll talk tomorrow.I promise.'' he said and quickly left before she could say something back.
She stood there for a bit alone,tears threatening to spill,so she quickly wiped her eyes.She went inside again,to try to find Kourtney and see if she was ready to go as well.All she wanted was to go home.She looked at the entrance and thankfully spotted her best friend who seemed like she saw her as well.
''Neens,I've been searching for you.'' Kourtney said as she reached her, slightly out of breath.
''So was I.I was going to ask if you were ready to go.I really want to go-''
''Wait wait Neens,I was looking for you because Ricky needs-''
''Kourt talking to Ricky is definitely not what I want right now.''
''Look,I don't know what happened but I need your help.He's a little out of it.''
''Wait,what happened?Is he okay?'' she asked worriedly.
''I guess.He drank too much though and we need help.''
''Where is he? Let's go.''