27.

The group of friends were sitting at their usual table,only Nini missing.
''Where is Nini?'' Ricky asked.
''She is probably talking to a teacher or something- oh there she is.'' Red pointed out.
Ricky turned around to see her coming towards them with Aiden by her side,him rolling his eyes at the sight of the boy.
Why was he always there?
Nini reached the table taking a seat next to Ricky,finding herself between the two boys as Aiden sat next to her.
She placed her tray in front of her.''So what were you talking about?'' she asked and took a a bite of her food.
The group quickly fell into conversation,Ricky staying mostly silent,as he side eyed Aiden and Nini,who was giggling at something he showed her on the phone.
He couldn't help but feel a weird tightening in his chest as he looked at them,a feeling that kept returning every time he thought about this duo together.Maybe he was overprotective? Yeah that must be it,he thought.Nini was his best friend and he didn't even know the guy,maybe something is wrong with him.He was shaken from his thoughts by Nini's voice.
''Sorry,what did you say?'' he asked,not having heard what she said.
''I said,why are you being so quiet today?'' she asked.
''Oh,I was just thinking.''
''Is everything okay?'' she asked with concern.
''Yeah,yeah,it was school related.Speaking of which,do you have anything to do today?''he asked hopefully.
''No,why?''
''Wanna come by and study together?'' he asked nervously.
''Oh yeah,sure,maybe I can help you with English as well,your whole thirsting for knowledge thing doesn't seem to be working.'' she said chuckling.
''Shut up.'' he said and nudged her playfully.
She laughed again and smiled at him,feeling his heart beating a bit faster.He was ready to talk again before Aiden cut him off,Ricky fighting the urge to roll his eyes at him again.
''Neens,can we go talk now?Like I mentioned earlier?'' he said to her.
''Oh yeah,let's go.'' she said and grabbed her bag putting it on her shoulder.''I'll come by after school okay?'' he said to Ricky and he nodded.
When they were out of sight,he slumped back in his seat and rolled his eyes again.
''You know Ricky,if you roll your eyes once more they're going to get stuck there.'' Ej said with a smirk.
''What?'' he asked.
''Dude,you have been doing it since Aiden arrived.'' Red said.
''I - I can't be the only one who thinks he's a little weird!'' he bursted out.''I mean how long has she known him?A month?And what was that now,isn't it rude getting off the table while we're all here?'' he huffed.
Ej snickered.''God,jealousy isn't a good luck on you,Bowen.''
''I'm not jealous!'' he exclaimed.'' We don't even know the guy.I'm just protective over her.'' he said.
''Maybe you're jealous because you're not the one who has her attention now.'' Kourtney said with a smirk.
''Or I'm the only one who sees he is suspicious.''
Most of them gave him a look.''Whatever I'm done with this.'' he said as the bell rang.
''Saved by the bell.'' Gina said.
Ricky narrowed his eyes at her.''I'm going to class.'' he said and left.
''Yeah,this is not ending well.'' Red said.
''Definitely not.'' Kourtney agreed.

'' Kourtney agreed