Ch-2

Present time.

In Hyuga House.

"Tou-san, Hanabi , Neji nii-san the dinner is ready" a loud call from Hinata echoed in the house as everyone gathered at the dining table. The dine continued in silence for a few minutes before Hanabi put an end to it "You know Onee-sama today I had my first practice session with Neji nii-san and he was so amazing that I could barely even hit him".

"Nii-san is no doubt one of the best in Taijutsu. In practice sessions he shows no mercy" said Hinata. "Once you are trained enough I will let you have a friendly fight with Lee and Menma they both are as good as me. We three used to always train together you know?" Neji was proud to mention his friends with whom he had trained since childhood. They challenged each other every now and then to see who is better through which they developed finely. "Yeah yeah I know those days...the one to loose would treat everyone right. You know Hanabi every other day Nii-san would come to Tou-san to ask for money so that he could give treat...you should have seen his face those times" laughed Hinata and Hanabi leaving a red-like tomato Neji eating in embarrassment.

Hiashi on other hand was listening to the conversation closely before he cleared his throat to get their attention "Hinata are you ready for tomorrow's proposal?". The question silenced the room as Hanabi and Neji now looked at Hinata "I can't just marry an unknown person Tou-san".

"He is the next heir of Fumo clan from borders of the Land of Fire. He is kind, good looking and powerful too....perfectly suitable for you. I am not forcing you to accept it, afterall I have promised your mother to wed you with the one you choose. But you have already rejected four proposals before and this is the fifth one. Find a good partner for you before it's too late Hinata". Hinata paid little attention to her father's words as she had listened to this same speech over a hundred times. So she decided to give the same reply for the hundredth time "If he lifts up the sword then I will accept it Tou-san. Now I will go for a walk...I will be back soon" Hinata got up from her seat as she drank the water and started walking towards the exit.

"Ahhh there she goes...she knows it very well that no one can lift that 100 kg sword, this is her way of rejecting the proposals." Hiashi let out a deep sigh as he smiled at Hinata's antics.

............

Somewhere at the borders of the village..

"Ufff it's really cold today since the winter has started...good that I carried this sweater along with me" Hinata was casually walking near the borders as she rubbed her hands against each other. Just as she walked further she caught a glimpse of someone at the corner of her eye. When she turned to look at it she met an unknown tall figure walking from woods. It was so dark that she could barely figure out who was it but she could feel that the person is in weak condition. She could figure it out by the way the person was walking towards her 'he is stumbling while he is walking. And he is using that stick like thing to support himself...who it could be? I need to help him.' without wasting any more time she rushed towards the person.

............

'I have been walking on empty stomach for days now. Straight..straight..and straight in this never ending forest. The feeling of giving up is slowly engulfing me' thought Naruto. Soon his eyes met the series of street lights that were located at some considerable distance from him. Hopes in his eyes returned back. 'Maybe there is a village up ahead. I just...I just have to walk few more miles. Come on Naruto just few steps more' Naruto picked up the pace and tried to walk as fast as he could with his shivering body. Soon he heard some faint footsteps at his right. Naruto's eyes were dizzy, his fatigue was wearing him out so he ignored to look around him and walked straight towards the light. But then a call took his attention "Hello Mister? Hello ?". The voice was getting louder and louder as if someone was approaching him but before he could turn to look who it was his body gave up as he fell on the ground "N-no...I can't sleep here..If I sleep I don't think I will ever be able to open my eyes again...I..I can't sleep...I can't afford to sleep..someone please help me" right after murmering this Naruto reluctantly closed his eyes.