Ch-26

....

The group along with Nagato walked out of cave. It was pitch dark accompanied by heavy rain. Not a single sign of sunrise. Instead, it looked darker than usual. "We must go back to Konoha and search for the Seven-Tails chakra scroll" said Kakashi.

Minato and Kushina gave a final look at the cave where their son's grave was present. They couldn't deviate their mind from it as his memories swirled in their mind.

"I will stay here protecting this place. Once you get the scroll come back here" said Nagato as he walked back inside the cave.

The group was silent, no one talked to each other. Maybe they all where having a conflict with themselves, making promises to themselves to make everything right, asking forgiveness from their dead friend, trying to hold their tears.

Soon the group started traveling back to their village. Just then Sasuke broke the silence "Nii-san" he called "why didn't you ever tell me about all this?".

"Your actions Sasuke..not only yours but everyone's. All of you were blinded by hatred. There was no room for explanation. The only one who knows about this is Kaa-san" Itachi's words flinched Sasuke but then he remembered the talk he had overheard between his mother and Itachi. He could see all the dots slowly joining.

"Once we get the last chakra scroll...will this all be over?" asked Sasuke. Itachi replied him with a soft smile as he said "once we get the chakra scroll. There would get added an another grave in the cave". Sasuke's eyes widened as he realised what he just said.

It was true, Itachi was the only member left in Akatsuki and the extraction asks for a host. Which meant it was him this time. "T-there m-must be some other way r-right?" Sasuke asked.

"If there existed an another method...we would never had lost so many comrades" Itachi replied. It sent Sasuke in great turmoil. 'Was their really no other way?' He thought to himself. A powerful group such as Akatsuki couldn't find an alternative. So how could he?. Sasuke, deep in his heart wished that they would never find the scroll but again, shinobi must not think selfishly he said to himself.

He could just imagine what Menma, Narumi , Hinata , Kushina and Minato would be going through right now.
"Where do you think the scroll might be?" Asked Kakashi. "Even I don't know about that. Danzo never told me about that...not even a hint." replied Itachi.

They really didn't know where to start which was the most difficult part. To find a single scroll in such a huge village was next to impossible. "I have lost Obito. This is not what I wanted Rin to hear after waking up"

"I wonder why hasn't she woken up" said Shikamaru as everyone looked at him "according to Shion-sama, it was Prince who put everyone in a coma with his forbidden jutsu. But now that he is dead everyone should have come back from their unconsciousness. In fact, everyone HAS. I just wonder why Rin-san hasn't woken up yet."

"I will join you guys after I check on Rin." Said Kakashi "I need to tell her everything....this time there won't be any lies".

...............

Unknown Location,

"Here! This where I have kept the Seven-Tails chakra scroll. Now give me the Ten-Tails powers." said Danzo to a tree. It was a huge tree. It's roots shattered the ground as they extended to a huge distance. It was the only tree present there. All forms of fauna around it was dried out and dead. The land was completely barren.

"Giving you Ten-Tails chakra right now is not possible since you only have brought Seven-Tails chakra with you. It would have been a different case if you had Nine-Tails chakra."