Ch-21

"Looks like you have been made a fool Danzo" Jigen's voice ringed inside his head.

"I have lost everything....my meaning of living...my dream of becoming the most powerful shinobi in the world.....my dream of ruling Konoha. They have got Nine-Tails now. It's all over." Murmered Danzo.

"Nine-Tails chakra was definitely the most important catalyst to break our sea--...I mean to obtain Ten-Tails chakra. But there's still a way" said Toneri.

"I remember you telling us that you have Seven-Tails and Eight-Tails chakra scroll very safe"

"I only have Seven-Tails chakra scroll now. Eight-Tails chakra scroll was given to Itachi. Maybe that's why Akatsuki never bothered to search for Eight-Tails chakra scroll.....because they already had it with them."

"And about Seven-Tails chakra scroll?"

"Seven-Tails is safe with me. I have kept it at such place that even Itachi can't find it." Smirked Danzo.

...............

Few Hours later,
At Konohagakure

The whole village was in the state of panick. Having their Hokage killed in front of few of the most powerful shinobis shattered their hopes. Villagers no longer felt protected, they lost faith. The village was unstable and powerless.

This was the first time in history that the seat of Hokage was emptied twice in just few weeks.

An urgent group meeting was called wherein the incident was explained. A lot of questions were raised mainly against Itachi for his decision to conduct the Jinchurification at Mt.Myoboku rather than at Uchiha house.

Kushina's act of interrupting the process wasn't revealed under the request of Minato. Due to Itachi's inability to convince the leaders of his decision he was removed from his position and Kakashi was assigned as the new Anbu Captain.

Also the fact that Minato can no longer be a shinobi meant that the Hokage selected this time can't be a temporary one. A voting was done and the meeting finally came to an end with Tsunade as the new Hokage.

...............

At Namikaze house,

Soon after the meeting, Minato rushed to his house to confront Kushina for her actions. But as soon as he entered the house he was informed by Narumi that Kushina had locked herself in the room.
Frustrated Minato sat on the sofa with his hands on his face. His gesture clearly showed how stressed he was 'Why did Kushina had to do that. What has happened to her...moreover...what has happened to me. Every since I cut off Naruto's arm I feel a pain in my chest. I dream of that terrible day I lost my son. Only if that Naruto wouldn't have entered in our life...

On one hand where Minato was busy in his thoughts, on the other hand Kushina was lying on the bed with tears in her eyes. The monsterous form of her cherished son was traumatic for her. The belief of Naruto coming back to her was slowly fading. That dead look in Naruto's eyes was haunting her. And just like that she cried herself to sleep.

...............

Another fact missed by the people was that it was almost 24 hours to Prince's death. In the night filled with chaos there was about to come another huge news which would shock the world.

At Fumo Clan,

There was a sudden commotion in the palace of Fumo clan. Shinobis of the clan rushed towards Shion's room with smile on their face as Shion finally came back from coma.

"Shion-sama! Glad that you came back to us"

"We missed you Shion-sama"

"Thank god you came back Shion-sama"