Ch-18

A few days passed after the tragic day of Konoha meeting it's devastation. Reconstruction on the destroyed land began sooner after the attack. The huge crater will always remain as a proof of Akatsuki's power over upcoming years.

Hidan's corpse, which was captured by the leaf was marked as useless since it had a very strong barrier jutsu placed in his mind.

Every shinobi available, from an expert Jonin to a twelve year old genin was deployed to security of the village. The village of Konoha, the powerhouse,the safest place for a person to reside, a place where villagers proudly led a peaceful life was now shaking from the fear of next possible attack of Akatsuki.

Villagers were terrified. Not only did they have to run a risk of being attacked anytime but also the expenses of destruction were collected out of their pocket. As a result, a huge number of villagers even protested against the Hokage tower,

"What is the village security doing?"

"How come they attack us even after such strong security was placed?"

"Substitute Hokage is shit! Bring Minato-sama back!"

"Where was Danzo-sama at when village was under attack?"

A lot of questions were raised and every one of them was right. Neither Danzo nor other leaders could reply to any of their questions.

But as the days passed, things started to quiet down a bit. Streets of Konoha were empty and filled with air....air of terror.

Hokage office,
Night time.

"Is it necessary for you to visit Prince of Fumo personally Danzo-sama? I mean Hiashi-san has already relayed the message." asked Kakashi who was against Danzo's decision. Since Hinata had accepted Prince's proposal, Danzo wanted to inform it to the Fumo clan personally.

"Yes it's necessary Kakashi. Fumo clan doesn't come under Konoha's jurisdiction. It's a seperate entity which follows more like Monarchial system so in that sense I need to visit Prince personally." said Danzo.

Kakashi was the only one among other High ranking shinobis who was least satisfied with his answer. "But you are the Hokage now. Village is in a dire situation, you should be here".

Without answering to his question, Danzo left the place with a message "Kakashi....keep an eye on Rin".

..........

Namikaze house.

Narumi's POV.

After a tough day at work, I was finally back in my house for just a few minutes of break. Of course, I had to return back to the borders since the situation was really hot. Situation where enemy could attack anytime was as ridiculous as it sounded since we were to guard borders with just 2 hours of sleep a day.

"Oh Narumi you are back?" asked my brother who was also on a short break. "Let me rest a little" with a huge sigh of relief I laid myself on the couch. "Fine then...even I will rest a little more. We will leave together" said my brother as he sat on the other chair.

"Do not sleep Narumi" I launched up as I heard my father's voice. "If u lay down like that you will soon surrender to sleep" he said. "Yes Tou-san even I told her same" my brother as always not letting a single chance to tease me escape.

We just sat and talked for a while until my brother murmered "when would these dark clouds above our village clear?".

"It would have cleared....if Minato wouldn't have interfered" it was my mother this time. Past few days she has been angry on father because he had cut off that bastard's right hand off. "Come on Kushina not again" said my father.