Ch-31

Minato's POV

In no time I teleported at Rin's body. It felt good to perform a jutsu again after so long but it was no time to be happy. As soon as I teleported with Nagato I was met with Rin's body. Cold, lifeless as if all her energy has been sucked out. I had lost Obito , Naruto and now...Rin. Maybe due to the mental toll on me tears started to form up.

"Minato-sama I will have to remove the chakra rod or it might be fatal for you" Nagato said and proceeded to take out the rod. It was painful but what I felt next paled everything that I had ever felt before...

A strong surge of power beam connected to the dark sky. The already violent storm was now at it's peak. And then, a sudden explosion blasted off everything in a long radius. Thanks to Nagato's barrier which was strong enough to take the impact that we stayed intact.

But now, it was all a vast kilometers-huge spread ground with only one single Giant tree still standing. But it looked half cut. It was not halfed due to explosion but it looked like as if it was erased smoothly out like a drawing.

Just then we saw a strange figure levitating in the air. It had sinister chakra enveloping him. It took us no time to figure out who he was.....our enemy.

Nagato weaved few signs and soon huge portals started to open up behind us. Konohagakure, Iwagakure, Sunagakure, Kirigakure and Kumogakure all started to walk in. It felt great. It was for the first time that we all were fighting together. There was no way we could loose it.

End of POV

Kages of all the villages walked in front of the huge army as they looked at the enemy in front of him. The deadly storm couldn't hide the surroundings around them. The roots of half cut tree in front of them were visible through the huge cracks of the land. The roots extended miles and seemed to have no end to it.

The land they were on was so dead. Weak and infertile. All of them perceived it as if it was due to the storm. But they didn't know that it was the God Tree that had been sucking the chakra of the planet and it's fertility to strengthen itself.

Toneri closely searched for Sasuke in the army. He was filled with vengeance...and so did Sasuke. He slowly put himself down on the ground and looked at the Kages right in their eyes.

Their was great tension between the both sides. "If you surrender yourself then we might consider to keep you alive atleast. You alone can't take all of us" Raikage spoke.

A sly smirk appeared on Toneri's face as hundred of portals appeared behind him "Who said I am alone". Hundreds and thousands of monsters started to come out of them. Some were as tall as a building while some were of same height as human.

Shinobis didn't just stood there like an audience, they performed summoning jutsus and almost doubled their army. Yet what was the picture before us?.......it was an equal fight. "Susanoo!" Kakashi and Sasuke both decided to go all out right from start.

"Everyone!" Nagato screamed with authority in his voice. His aura clearly displayed them that he was superior than them. "I, the leader of Akatsuki.." his first words startled them "have lost all those who I called friends...family. But they left me with a great purpose...to protect this world and the innocent lives on it. You all know nothing about who is standing in front of us but he.....is most definitely strongest enemy you all have ever seen...but we must defeat him" Nagato's chakra pressure even shocked the Kages. They had never experienced such raging chakra before.

And within a blink of an eye the war started.

The roars and screams of shinobis paled the storm. One after another they killed, died. Minutes into the battle and the ground was covered in explosions and blood.