Ch-28

In Kakashi's Mindscape

"Obito?"....

"Yo! Kakashi" sight of his best friend with same nostalgic goggles teared up Kakashi as he started crying "this..this is a dream right? But I don't want it to be a dream. The reality is too harsh".

"Do not cry Kakashi. I know you have gone through a lot. Come sit beside me" Kakashi wiped off his tears and sat next to Obito "I have failed Obito. The sacrifice you made...I failed to honor it."

"You didn't fail Kakashi. Unlike me who can no longer participate in this battle....you can still make a difference. Sorry for leaving everything on you." A comfortable silence accompanied them for a moment before Obito said "So...how is Rin?" This question of his made Kakashi lower his head in shame.

"She..she died Obito...Danzo killed her. And I couldn't protect her" with this Kakashi kept on silently let his tears run down and Obito let him release his pain. "So that's why you were talking about giving up your life?" Asked Obito to which Kakashi just replied with silence. "Rin wouldn't like it" Obito's statement flinched Kakashi as he looked at him "I am sure...she must be very sad right now looking at you. The fighter Kakashi who always stood tall in any circumstances...the one she fell in love with is now talking the words of a looser."

Obito's words filled Kakashi with the fighting spirit he had lost. He still had a reason to live, it was to protect his subordinates, his Sensei, his treasured students and his village. "You always had it within you Kakashi...the power to protect everyone. Other than your pretty face, that was one thing I was always jealous of. You must go back to the battlefield. Danzo is too strong for Itachi to handle. And I am afraid that Danzo is no longer going to stay alive. Something which I was always scared of is going to take over his body....the Otsutsuki."

Kakashi frowned in confusion but soon Obito's body started to glow "Oh, looks like my time is about to end."

"Don't..don't go Obito. Please stay" Kakashi tried to catch Obito's shoulders but his hands passed through him. "You must kill Danzo before Otsutsuki takes over his body. My chakra will stay with you...I will lend you some powers so that you can use Susanoo."

Tears trailed down Kakashi's eyes as this was last time he was seeing Obito. "This time I won't ask you to take care of anyone else. This time....take care of yourself Kakashi.." with this Obito gave his last smile to Kakashi and disappeared.

Kakashi soon came out of his mindscape. He was lying on the ground as he was blown away by Danzo's previous attack. He removed his headband to uncover his other eye. He now had Mangekyou Sharingan in both eyes. This time his eyes were filled with anger, power and strong determination to protect his loved ones "I am coming for you Danzo...I am coming for you..".

................

It was just a few minutes ago that the shinobis from the borders had returned to the village. Terrified might be an understatement to what they were seeing in front of them. So many monsters that had turned village into an unrecognizable mess. What took their notice was the soul threatening destruction happening in the middle of the village because of the battle between Danzo and Susanoo.
They were given a short brief on the situation and a common thing that shocked everyone was "The Susanoo is on our side. He is an ally".

"Ally? That monsterous humanoid statue is our ally"

"This is the first time I am witnessing a Susanoo. I must say...it's mind freezing".

"Suddenly you want me to fight alongside the Crow? The biggest criminal there is?"

"Whatever it is. As an Uchiha it is an honor to see an actual Susanoo. I wish I could fight it"

"I can't agree to fight alongside side that criminal"

"Neither can I"

The shinobis started to protest the decision to accept Crow as their ally but soon they were stopped by threatening scold of Fugaku. The pressure from Fugaku was enough to make them stop their mumbling. "Right now there is a lot that needs to be explained. Things which would make us bow down in shame. But for now put one thing in your mind. That Susanoo is the one who is fighting to death just to protect our village. And if we don't help him..there will get added an another reason of shame"

Seeing the seriousness in Fugaku's words and horrific battle in front of them. They all agreed to him and dispersed to give their contribution in the battle.

....................

At Akatsuki Hideout,

Nagato quietly stood as he looked at the dark rainy weather and listened to the rain drops. 'Something isn't right?' He could feel it. While his gut feeling screamed to rush towards Konoha, his mind told him to wait for Itachi to bring him the scroll. Just when he turned away his attention from the dark clouds to his cave he saw something horrific.

Something which sent shivers down his spine. It was Itachi's crow summoning which he used to communicate. The crow was lying on the ground dead as it bled heavily. Nagato didn't know what it suggested. But at that time he decided to wait no longer and rush towards Konoha.

...............

At Konohagakure,

The battle between Danzo and Itachi seemed to be shifting in the hands of Danzo. Both rivaled with same strength, but Itachi seemed to be low on stamina.....and also low on vision. "WHYYY!" Danzo screamed "Why are you still standing? I am superior being...yet you stand in my way!"

Itachi's Susanoo was almost destroyed. One could say he was holding it on his sheer will. Soon Danzo fired an atomic beam at Itachi to which he tried to put a weak defense with Susanoo. Mercilessly piercing through the shield, the beam struck right at Itachi and blew him away.

Itachi's mind was going dizzy. His head felt like moving round and round rapidly, his vision got darker due to excessive use of Mangekyou Sharingan.
Still....still he refused to land on his knees. He knew, once he falls down it's over for the village.

"Persistent huh?" Danzo fired another beam towards it but Itachi seemed to have not responding to it. Before it could hit Itachi it was stopped by few shinobis who had come for his aid.

"What are you doing Crow--" as the Uchiha shinobi looked back their eyes went wide seeing Itachi inside it. No one over there could comprehend it.
"Itachi Senpai?" They murmered slowly.

"Nii-san!" Sasuke came running towards his brother "are you alright Nii-san?".

With a weak and sore voice Itachi said "C-call N-Nagato". Just as soon as he said it a loud voice of *thump* shook the ground vigorously. Everyone except Itachi looked behind just to make their eyes wider than ever.

What everyone in the battlefield saw was like a miracle for them. Never had they seen two living miracles together.
One of them was Itachi's Susanoo... and other was right in front of them.

A large blue coloured humanoid statue which radiated a powerful aura. It was none other than...Kakashi's Susanoo.

............................................................................