Ch-16

Konohagakure,
Next day,
Evening Time.

As soon as Menma, Sasuke and Neji somewhat recovered from their injuries, they were brought back to the village. They were allowed to rest for a day while the other members of the group still guarded the Six-Tails and Nine-Tails chakra scroll.

Danzo intended to infuse Nine-Tails chakra scroll into Menma as soon as possible but he had to wait for full recovery of his.

Uchiha House.

Sasuke had nothing to do right now. Since he was asked to rest in his house, he would instead train and fret over his loss from Crow.

"Don't worry Kaa-san...it will be over soon". Sasuke heard a voice from his mother's room. He identified that voice to be his brother's. Sasuke wanted to check what was happening so he casually went to open the door but the next few words from her mother took him offguard, "is your death necessary Itachi? Will you go.....just like Shisui....just like your comrades?".

Sasuke decided not to open the door and eavesdrop at their conversation.

"This is my duty Kaa-san....this is the path I chose. I have traded Uchihas life with my own. If anything, you should be proud of me"

"Proud of you...I have always been. But every mother fears her child's loss. What will I do after you?" Sasuke's eyes widened after he heard his mother's sobs.

"Don't worry Kaa-san, you will have Sasuke with you" Sasuke was not able to understand a single word they were talking about. 'What are they talking about? Why is Nii-san talking like that....like he is...he is going to die.' Soon with a click sound the door opened.

"Oh Sasuke?" Itachi looked at his brother who was sweating all over his face. It took him no time to understand that Sasuke has overheard his conversation but he decided to ignore it. "What are you doing here?".

"N-nothing I-I was just..I was just walking to my room" he replied. "Sasuke, it's been a while since we haven't had a walk in the village together....wanna come?"....

...............

Both Uchiha brothers were now walking on the streets of the village. Streets which were once traveled by hundreds of people were now a home for nothingness of air. Itachi was talking about their childhood days with nostalgic hint in his tone. While Itachi kept speaking about their fun days , trainings and other adventures, Sasuke was lost in the conversation between his brother and mother just had.

"And then you begged me to train with you. You remember that day?" Itachi noticed that Sasuke was paying no attention to him "Sasuke? Oye Sasuke!?" Sasuke flinched as he heard his brother's calls. "What happened? You seemed to be lost somewhere."

"Nii-san I...I heard your conversation with Kaa-san" continued Sasuke "I am sorry I shouldn't have done that but I couldn't help myself when I heard those words. You said you traded your life for the Uchiha clan.....and why did mom ask you that will you be going just like Shisui Nii-san? What is happening Nii-san?".

Itachi knew that he was going to face this question. He tried his best to distract Sasuke in his talks but in the end he failed. "Just nothing. As you know, before me it was Shisui who was Anbu Captain. He was more skilled than me yet he was killed. So Kaa-san is just scared that same things don't happen to me" Sasuke was not convinced by his answer. He knew that Itachi was hiding something but before he could ask , Itachi called Menma and Narumi who were passing by the street "Menma, Narumi! Care to give us company?" asked Itachi to which both of them agreed.

Sasuke understood that he called them to avoid further Interrogation from him but this just added to his suspicion. As they walked further and further, Sasuke realized that they were almost at the borders of the village "Nii-san I guess we should return back to the village. Akatsuki might attack anytime so we shouldn't be far away from Hyuga House."