Ch-17

Hiashi's POV.

I had no words to say after what I just saw with my still blurry eyes. A yellow beam just flashed and cut off Naruto's arm from his body. That yellow flash was none other than Minato. Roars of joy and victory echoed on the battlefield by Minato's name.

But soon the roars went quiet when Minato collapsed on the ground. Without wasting any moment I rushed to Minato's aid as well as some medical ninjas. "Minato! Minato hold yourself. We will heal you just don't let your eyes close" I did my best to make Minato stay awake but he reluctantly closed his eyes . My eyes widened with fear. "This can't be happening...Minato can't die." I murmered. "Don't worry Danzo-sama, Minato-sama is still breathing. Though only negligible amount of chakra is left but it's enough to keep him alive" that medical ninja's words gave me a huge relief.

Just then I heard Minato murmer something so I brought my ears close to him. "Hiashi-san...you must protect the village" with this Minato surrendered to his exhaustion. His words fueled me with sense of responsibility and courage, even in that weakened state he dived in to protect his village...he was a perfect Hokage.

"Everyone!" I screamed on top of my voice as all the shinobis paid attention to me. "Minato-sama dived in to protect our village. He used his last remains of chakra to take down such strong enemy. With no chakra left, he can no longer live a life of shinobi. But it was his decision..his decision to protect the village no matter what the cost. His career as Hokage has officially come to an end with this. It would be a fitting end for his career only...only if we present a parting gift to him. And what would be a better present than head of these two Akatsukis. Let's finish them before Minato-sama opens his eyes again."

End of POV.

With Hiashi's speech every shinobi roared in agreement as they rushed at Naruto and Hidan.

"Kill them"

"For Konoha, for Minato-sama"

"That yellow haired Akatsuki is weak finish him first"

"Kakashi's team, Konoha 13 and Three legendary sannins will be here any minute"

"Hold them until they arrive!"

Their war cry was audible over a huge distance. Villagers peeked out of their windows to witness the sight.

While Hidan was fighting dozens of shinobis with nothing but a scythe in his hand, on other hand, Naruto was breathing heavily, struggling to get back on his feet which would have been impossible for any other shinobi after the amount of damage was done on him.

Naruto tried to activate his chakra cloak but his body couldn't. 'I failed at the most important time. I failed Hidan-san. Due to blood loss I cant even stand properly. I guess.....this is my end' Naruto didn't put any resistance as he stood still with his body wide open, an invitation for kunais and daggers to pierce him.

Kushina's heart was crumbling gradually by the sight of Naruto painted in blood, standing idle and ready to accept his dead. Naruto's groans were killing her ears. The way Minato sliced off his arm right in front of her was traumatizing for her. She was unable to move , unable speak..just sitting on her knees with shocked expression on her face. "Someone...someone please save him" she prayed with extremely low voice.

Hidan's eyes widened as he saw bunch of kunais thrown at Naruto. At that time....at that instance of time he saw faces of his dead comrades flashing before his eyes. All of them standing in front of Naruto to protect him. It was as if something supernatural was telling him to protect Naruto. 'Naruto is the key...key for which all my friends sacrificed their life. If this key were to die in front of my eyes then I won't be able to face Konan and Nagato....neither will I be called a member of Akatsuki.'