Ch-22

Night time,
At Borders
Konohagakure,

The group of Konoha 13 was at the borders guarding the borders with more caution. After the death of Danzo, the security got even tighter. "They have got Nine-Tails chakra scroll now. They are invincible now. Only god knows how powerful the Nine-Tails is." murmered Sakura.

"Nine-Tails chakra scroll was our only hope." murmered Ino. Narumi and Menma were already exhausted from today's events, Sasuke was sitting inside the tent with his head resting on his hands as if he was thinking something.
"Don't feel bad Sasuke....but we are in this situation because of your brother" blatantly spoke Menma. "Not only he changed the location to an old shitty place with no guards but also didn't even care to defend Danzo-sama when he was being choked." Menma's words were gathering the group's attention as he spoke right on Sasuke's face.

Everyone knew what were the outcomes when someone insulted Itachi in front of him, yet Menma today was in a very foul mood. "I think it was a good decision to remove your brother from Anbu--"

"Enough Menma don't talk that rudely to Sasuke-kun" interrupted Sakura.

"What wrong did he say?" asked Kiba "Itachi-san isn't holding up to his name nowadays. His every decision has been wrong. He was the one who asked Danzo-sama to assign the forces at the one end of the border even though Six-Tails chakra scroll was at the other end of village."

Sasuke's eyes widened as he heard Kiba's words. Itachi's words started to ring in his mind 'Sorry Sasuke I am busy right now. Sasuke...I will definitely avenge Shisui.'

"Not only that, but also Itachi-san is the only one in the village who is capable of defeating Crow. Yet not even once he could even reach the site on time. So many years passed yet Itachi never faced Crow. I think Itachi-san has gone weak after Shisui-san's death" said Menma.

'Sorry Sasuke I couldn't reach in time.'

'In coming years you would surely defeat the Crow. He is not so strong'

'Sorry Sasuke, my vision is getting a little weak nowadays'

As Itachi's words ringed in his mind Sasuke's reaction would get worse. "Stop it you both. Look at Sasuke how bad it's going for him to hear your words" said TenTen.

With a sudden launch Sasuke got up from his seat. "Everyone...I think I know who the Ghost is" said Sasuke as he rushed back to the village. The words Sasuke just said took everyone offguard as they followed him.

Uchiha house.

*vigorous knocks* The forceful knocks were answered by Sasuke's mother "What happened Sasuke?" she asked.
"Kaa-san where is Nii-san?" asked Sasuke. Behind Sasuke were the standing nine members of the group which confused her, "Itachi has not come here. He took the Eight-Tails chakra scroll and went somewhere more than an hour ago as soon as he was removed from his position...I guess he went to the Hokage tower".

Sasuke placed his hand on his forehead as he let out some weird chuckles "No Kaa-san. He didn't leave to Hokage-sama...."

...............
Night time,
An hour ago,
At Akatsuki Hideout.

With silent footsteps Itachi walked inside the cave. Soon he found Pain standing in front of the graves of Akatsuki members. Itachi looked at the new tenth grave with flowers as he understood that Naruto is dead. "Nine-Tails chakra has been extracted huh" murmered Itachi. Nagato slightly nodded to his question as he looked at Itachi standing with a scroll in his hand. "It's time to add the 11th grave Nagato-san" he said.

Nagato took the scroll in his hand "Have they found about you?".
"No, even if they do find it's of no use now" replied Itachi.
"Yeah, well Itachi...you have done great but I can't perform extraction on you yet" Nagato's words confused Itachi as Nagato continued "before Obito died he said that Danzo is being manipulating by someone. Someone who is the mastermind of all this. Unfortunately we still don't know who it is. So my purpose isn't fulfilled yet. Also we don't know anything about Seven-Tails chakra scroll. I want we both to get that and put an end to this".