Chapter 5//Connor

Connor

________________

I walk out of the room where Troye is standing towards my bedroom, and a few moments later I hear the door shut. I can't believe that just fucking happened. Honestly that is the weirdest and most messed up thing that has ever happened to me. My soul mate tried to kill me, then he stopped his bosses from sending someone else to kill. Then I found out that my best friend's soul mate is me but he's not mine and it's so confusing and way to much to take in at one time.

I flop down on my bed feeling worn out after all that has happened in the last couple hours. I thought after I found my soul mate everything would be simple and easy like breathing. I don't think I could have been more wrong. Of course this insane thing had to happen to me, I knew something was going to happen. I just didn't think it would be something like this, I thought that my clock would hit zero and the other person's wouldn't that has been my biggest fear for as long as I can remember.

I fall asleep with a chill playlist playing in the background after successfully forgetting about everything that has happened today. Its a restless sleep that doesn't really make me feel rested at all. I open my eyes and look over at the clock on my bedside table. 10:03 a.m. good thing I didn't have to work today or I would've been so late. I hear a noise in my living room and I jump up to see who the hell is in my house.

I walk into living room to find fit men moving my things around. Who the fuck do Dan and Phil think they are? They are invading my privacy in my own home and forcing me to move in with a man I don't even know. It doesn't matter if he's my Soulmate I still don't know him, I know of him. I've heard stories about him but I shouldn't be forced to live with someone, especially not someone who tried to kill me last night.

This was suppose to happen naturally. I'm was suppose to meet him and go on cute dates and fall in love with him then move in with him and have a life with him. Dan and Phil are just messing up the whole flow of how things are suppose be and I can't help but think that this is going to make having a relationship with Troye really hard. Not to mention the job they give him is unexplainably disgusting. Why in their right mind would they give a job like that to an eighteen year old? And one like Troye? Troye doesn't look like he could fight any one off I don't know how he...kills people. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking that the man I'm destined to fall in love with has killed people. He tried to kill me.

"Get out of my apartment." I tell them but they just look back at me and sigh like this has happened a thousand times. What kind of people are Dan and Phil? What do they do to people? I always thought they were so nice but obviously the side of the business I'm not suppose to know about brings out an entirely different side of them.

"I wish I could kid. We have orders and if we don't follow through we might get fired or worse." I don't want to think about what the 'or worse' might entail so I head to my kitchen for breakfast only to see that there is people in there too. I walk back to my room and get dressed grabbing my keys and my wallet.

"Call me when you're finished here." I say handing one of the workers a piece of paper with my number on it. He take sit nodding at me before getting back to what he was doing. I walk out of my apartment feeling frustrated and over all taken advantage of. I can't do anything to stop them. Dan and Phil own every thing I have no chance of getting out of this.

I end up driving to one of my favorite cafe's a few blocks away and I'm immediately calmed when I smell freshly made coffee and banana nut muffins. I order my usual and sit down in one of the corner tables where I can see practically the whole cafe. I nibble on my muffin when it arrives and sip my coffee. Being in this place relaxes me, they have chill smooth music playing, and it has a cozy warm sort of feel to it.