Chapter 7//Connor

Connor

________________
We walk down to the car without talking, the drive to Zalfie's place is also quite. It seems we don't talk all that much, I guess I'm fine with that I kind of have a lot going on in my head right now anyway. I'm mostly worry about how our friends are going to take it when they realize that Troye is my soul mate. I'm scared that they are going to judge us for not already being close and cuddly like most couples are after a few days. We have amazing friends but sometimes they are all a little to nosy for my liking. I love them to death but I really don't think they should care about how flashy and showy someone is with their relationship. Even when things do start going in the right direction for Troye and I, I'm not going to be that person that is hanging off of my significant other and always kissing them. I don't care if other people do it, I personally just don't like doing it myself.

Troye looks over at me when I stop the car and he takes a deep breath like he wants to say something to me. He lets the breath out then looks into his lap before looking back up at me. His eyes look nervous, the bright blue is flicking around and he can't seem to settle on looking at any one thing. He rubs his palm his thigh then settles his eyes on mine.

"This is going to sound really bad but hear me out." he says continuing to look into my eyes as he speaks. I nod my head and he continues to speak, "So you know our friends. They are going to expect us to be like any other couple but obviously we have some things that going to slow down the progression of our relationship. I'd rather not have them ask us questions that I can't answer with out telling them everything or questions that make you feel uncomfortable. I don't want to tell them everything because I don't want to be judged for what I've been forced to do and I also have every intention of falling in love with you. Not just so I can get out of my job. You are my soul mate after all. Okay so I guess what I'm proposing is that we sort of fake a relationship." I think most people would immediately be put off by the idea but, I really don't think its that bad of an idea. It may complicate things down the line when we start to develop real feelings but we can take that as it comes.

"Okay. I'm okay with that idea." I tell him and he looks genuinely surprised with my answer. He looks at me for a few moments to see if I'm serious then he says something that makes my heart flutter.

"You don't have to do it if you don't want to. I'm sure I can figure out a way to dodge questions." I shake my head and he smiles at me. Damn why is making this so hard to dislike him? He's making sure I'm comfortable, he wants to make sure I'm okay. I need to stop thinking like this. "We won't do anything serious. Hand holding and cuddling stuff like that." I nod my head and grab my keys before getting out of my car and locking the doors. Troye follows my example and I almost flinch when I feel his warm hand intertwine with mine. "Zoe's watching us through the window." he says in my ear and I look up to see Zoe with a shocked face then she turns likely to tell everyone else what she's just seen.

He holds my hand all the way up to Zoe's apartment and if I'm being honest I don't mind the feeling of his soft gentle hand around mine. He drops my hand when Tyler answers the door with a confused face, Troye walks forward into the apartment and I stay back to speak to Tyler. Tyler leads me into Zoe and Alfie's room away from Zalfie and Troye. I feel bad for Tyler because he is going to have to watch Zalfie be coupley then me and Troye doing whatever we are going to do.

"Why were you holding his hand? I thought you were disgusted by him." Tyler says leaning against the wall looking at me with a very serious face. I'm so glad that I have Tyler in my life and I'm so glad that what he told me didn't ruin our friendship. Tyler is always here for me when I need to talk or when he thinks I need advice.

"I'm not really disgusted by him, just what he does." I say keeping my voice quiet so that there is no chance of us being overheard. "He doesn't want them asking us a bunch of questions about why we aren't acting like a couple and neither do I. He doesn't want to have to tell them about what he does because Dan and Phil said he can quit his job once we properlly fall in love. In the car just a few minutes ago he told me that he has every intention of falling in love with me and not just for the job."