Chapter 26//Connor

Connor

_____________________

Being cuddled up on a couch watching a movie on a huge screen isn't actually all that bad when I forget about the reason we are down here. Troye is being almost uncharacteristically cuddly but I mostly think it is to put me at ease. Maybe a little bit of that other thing that I don't really want to think about right now, not when I'm still not sure. We have been here for quite awhile now and I kind of just really want to go home. The end credits are just starting to play as Troye leans down and presses his lips to my cheek. I smile and look up at Dan and Phil who seem to be untangling their limbs from each other.

"Troye come talk to me for a minute, then I'll let you two leave." Dan says brushing his hand over Phil's side before walking towards Troye. Troye gives me a side hug and a kiss on the temple before he walks away from me. Dan and Troye walk out of the basement ahead of us and I just look at Phil and he shrugs. He walks over to me and stands beside me looking down at his feet, he looks uncomfortable and kind of sad. Phil is a very happy person most of the time, I don't really think I've ever seen him with out a smile on his face for more than a few minutes.

"We are trying to help you. We really are trying. Dan's just afraid that we are going to lose everything that we've worked so hard to get if we help you catch Jason and Garrett. If other people find out then our business could be ruined and Dan won't let that happen. He's giving Troye clues, I know that he is just like I gave you that one. You are going to be safe, we will make sure that you are safe." Phil reaches over and wraps his arms around my shoulders, I'm slightly taken aback by his gesture but I soon return it. He hugs me tightly rubbing my back and I have to admit that he is one of the better hugs I've had in my lifetime.

"Thank you so much, Phil." I say when he pulls away, he smiles at me then stands leading me out of the basement. We met up with Dan and Phil in the lobby and Dan waves goodbye to us while Phil whispers in his ear. Troye puts a hand on the small of my back and leads me out of the building and over to the car. He doesn't say anything to me, as we drive down the road I am slowly getting fed up with him not saying anything. "What did Dan want to talk to you about?"

"Firstly he told me that he would tell me when the best time was to invade there safe house, but that'd I'd have to figure out where that was on my own." Troye takes a deep breath never letting his eyes leave the road as he continues to drive us home. "He also told me that I have an assignment tomorrow evening. He doesn't want the others to think that he is giving me special treatment, so I have to do it or Dan and Phil will cut off all contact with me."

"When we first starting talking to each other I told you that I never want to know when you have an assignment. That's still true, I don't want to know anything about it." The idea of him doing that makes me so sick to my stomach. I think that this is the reason that I haven't let myself fall for him completely yet. I know what he has done and what he is capable, he has killed multiple people. At the same time it's hard to imagine him doing those things at all, because when he is doing those things he is not being the real Troye. The real Troye is the sweetest and most caring guy that I think has ever existed. I have no doubt in my mind that he would give his life to protect me. He's proven that he will do anything to stop Jason and Garrett, he will do whatever it takes to keep me safe. He may think that he is a monster for what he does but I just can't bring myself to call him that because I know the real him.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to upset you, Connor." he takes a deep breath and runs his hand through his mess of curls. I really don't understand how someone who looks so harmless and basically not threatening at all could do the things that he does. One time he told me that he knew twenty something ways to kill me with his bare hands, I don't understand how someone of his stature could possibly do that. He looks like he would be easy to break, I can't imagine him fighting anyone. I don't really doubt his skills though because he was taught by some the best fighters that there is. He was trained by geniuses and martial arts specialists, he might as well have been born to fight.