Chapter 24//Connor

Connor

________________

I wake up in the morning with my head snuggled against Troye's shoulder and a sense of happiness despite all the crazy shit that is still going on. Troye seems to still be asleep and he looks so peaceful when I pop my head up to look at him. I pull him closer to me then plan on staying there until Troye wakes up so that we can have breakfast together, but my phone has other plans. It starts ringing on the bedside table so I roll away from Troye and answer it quietly.

"Hello?" I ask and I can hear deep breaths being taken on the other end of the line, like the person is trying to calm themselves down. What the heck is going on?

"Con?" Trevor asks his voice full of panic. "Can you come over like now?" I get off the bed and start to put my clothes on as I continue to talk to Trevor.

"Is everything alright, Trev? Are you safe?" Troye groans behind me slapping his hand down on the sheet in an attempt to find me. He looks up at me confused as I listen to Trevor on the other end of the phone. 

"I'm broken. Just come here please." What does he mean he's broken? What the fuck is going on? I'm so worried about him.

"Okay I'll be there really soon. Bye." He returns the bye then I hang up and turn to Troye who is propped up on his elbows looking highly confused. I'm dressed standing in front of him and he just flops back onto the bed. "Troye I'm going to go see Trevor. He needs me." Troye runs a hand through his mess of hair and nods.

"Be careful and if you see anything suspicious just call me right away, okay?" He says lifting himself back up onto his elbows, he's sure being nice for once. Usually he would fight me to the ends of the earth about going somewhere by myself. I walk over to his side of the bed and I lean down to give him a peck on the lips, well I intend for it to be a peck on the lips it turns into a little more than that. 

"Okay." I say pulling away from him and grabbing the keys to the car. He watches me walk out of the room and I make a point out of swinging my hips. He giggles and mutters something that I don't quite catch. Then my mind goes back to Trevor and the worry starts eating away at me. I drive all to fast to Trevor's small apartment that he shares with his hedgehog, Max. I don't knock on his door just letting myself in because from the sound of his voice there is no way he is in a state to answer the door. 

I run to his bedroom knowing that's where I will find him and I'm not mistaken. He's sitting in the middle of his bed clothed only in a t-shirt and some boxer briefs staring down at his wrist. His clock. How did I not think about that? I am such a fucking idiot. He said he was broken...oh no. What the fuck did this poor kid do to deserve this fate? He doesn't deserve this, he's the sweetest and most generous person I know and fate took away the best thing that could happen to his life.

"I'm broken." He says quietly and I rush to his side, I sit down on his bed and wrap my arm around him looking at the straight zero's on his wrist. I can feel tears pricking at my eyes and I can see that his face is already covered in tears. He doesn't deserve this. This isn't fair. 

"You aren't broken. Something happened to your soulmate and I'm so sorry. You don't deserve this. You deserve to be happy with a soulmate starting a life." He doesn't look at me he just stares down at his wrist looking absolutely miserable.

"I was so fucking hopeful. When the numbers changed to twenty years, I thought the dates were finally cutting me some slack. I guess I was fucking wrong. What did I do to deserve this? I've never done anything bad enough to deserve this. She's dead, she's has to be dead. There is no other way to explain this." I pull him into my arms and say kind things to him hoping to calm him down. I hate that this is happening to him, he doesn't deserve this. It absolutely kills me to see my friends like this, and the fact that this has happened to more than one for my friends. It makes me feel terrible and I wish I could do something about it but there is literally nothing I can do. Other than be here for him when he needs me, that is.