Chapter 6//Troye

Troye

__________________

"Me too." I say not seeing a reason to not be truthful with him, he's going to end up finding a lot of shit out anyway and I'd much rather he hear all that straight from my mouth. I'm scared because I've never been in a situation like this before. Things usually run so much smoother than this, I always finish my jobs but I couldn't live with myself if I finished this job. Looking into his eyes I see so much hope and so many things that I know I'm going to learn to love. I'm terrified that I won't be able to protect him and that he's going to get hurt. I just want everything to be normal. Having the life that I do makes everything in my life hard. Connor obviously hates it and I know that he isn't going to be able to get past it. Not that he should I'm a terrible person. 

I look over and see that Connor has fallen asleep again, he looks so young and peaceful I don't want to wake him. Its late at night and I don't want to be here any longer so I pick Connor up and carry him back to his car. I'm fairly surprised when he doesn't wake up because he told me that he is a really light sleeper. I set him in the passenger seat and carefully take his keys out of his pocket after buckling him up. I walk around to the driver seat and slide into the car, I drive away glancing over at Connor to make sure he hasn't woken up.

We get home in what seems like seconds after the walk I had taken from the apartment to get there, this apartment was much closer than my other one but its still a fair walk to get there. I'm careful to lift Connor out of the car and I struggle to open the door of our apartment but I somehow manage. I bring Connor to his room and lie him across his bed. I can't believe after all this time I have finally found my soul mate. I wish we would have gotten off to a better start then this, but this is my life after all so that means every little thing needs to fucked up. In the end I'm sure everything will work out. We just have to fall in love with each other than Dan and Phil said I can quit my job but that is probably easier said then done like everything that's happened to me ever.

I walk out of Connor's room and into my room which is right across the hall from his after gently shutting the door. I've already set up my room to my liking which is quite boring seeing as I hardly have any keepsakes. Why would I want to remember my horrible past or the horrible things that I have been forced to do? My room is plain and my blankets are a deep navy blue. I undress and scoot under the covers curling up into a ball and hoping desperately that I won't wake up screaming. I don't want to scare him or have to tell him right now what my nightmares are about. I don't want to think about them.

Somehow I manage to sleep the rest of the night with no dreams that I can recall when I wake up to the smell of eggs, bacon and toast coming from the kitchen. I get out of bed and stumble to the kitchen not noticing that I am lacking some serious articles of clothing until Connor turns around to look at me. His eyes go wide then he turns back around to attend to his food, I decide to play it cool and I sit down at the table leaning on my elbows and watching as he finishes making his meal. He makes me a plate to my surprise and sets it in front of me.

"I'll eat the rest of it but I don't eat bacon. I'm Jewish." I say and he looks slightly taken aback then he takes the bacon off of my plate and puts it onto his before sitting down next to me. As we eat there is only awkward silence that is filled with coffee slurping, forks scraping and mouths chewing. Connor looks like he wants to say something but he doesn't say anything the whole time we are eating. He waits until after he has taken his last bite to ask the question I would have asked straight away.

"Did you carry me all the way to my bed last night?" he asks looking into my eyes and I nod my head at him. He doesn't say anything after that he just smiles down at his plate then he stands picking up his plate and bringing it to the sink to wash it. I wait for him to realize that I would have had to reach into his pocket to get his keys and sure enough a few seconds later his shoulders stiffen and he turns his head to look me while scrubbing the plate. "Did you reach into my pocket to get my keys?"