Chapter 16//Troye

Troye

_________________

Connor pulls away from me after the words leave my mouth. He walks into the bedroom and shuts the door behind him. He needs to be alone, don't be controlling. Let him have some space. We just had our first fight. It doesn't matter that it was just a small argument, we had our first fight. It just leaves an awful taste in my mouth that I don't want. Fighting with him makes me feel like I've downed three shots in less than a minute.

I sit on the couch with my head resting in my hands waiting for him to come out of the room, but he never does. Hours pass and he just stays locked in the room. I don't eat the food he's brought because I don't think I'll be able to keep it down. It usually takes quite a lot to scare me and I'm scared out of my mind right now. My soul mate has two different people that want to kill him. One asked Dan and Phil for help and the other is working on his own. Dan and Phil refuse to tell me anything because they say that it's against their policy to disclose information about their clients. For the safety of themselves and for the clients. Dan and Phil did agree to help me find the other person, not directly but with the help of their crazy forensics team.

All that we have been able to figure out so far is that, this second person that wants my Connor dead, is a male (we know that because I saw him, but he got away before I could do anything)and has been stalking Connor and I. Dan and Phil agreed to move us to the house near that pretty lake I took Connor to. Phil is mostly helping with the part of making sure our movements are undetectable and he will make sure this fucker can't find us.

It's five in the afternoon when he comes out of the room with messy hair and puffy eyes. He walks straight into the bathroom and stays in there for about ten minutes before he walks out and flops down on the couch next to me. I don't make a move to touch him, waiting for him to make the first move. After a few minutes of sitting there with his arms crossed he moves so that his head is rested on my lap. I move a hand to play with his mess of hair and wait for him to speak.

"I had a dream that someone killed you and then I woke up bawling. Then when you weren't there next to me I started to panic. Then I realized that I was being stupid." My hand stops moving in his hair somewhere around the word killed. I pull him up out of my lap and put him beside me. I turn to look at him and I stare into his eyes. He looks genuinely frightened and saddened.

"Don't worry, babe. I'm here and I'm never going to leave you. I'm stronger then them, they can't hurt us. You aren't stupid, I've gotten much more worked up over stupid dreams." He leans his head against my shoulder then after a moment of thought he chuckles. "What?" I ask not seeing anything even slightly humorous about this situation.

"Nothing. You just called me babe is all." He pulls his head away from my shoulder and I can see a huge smile on his face. It's so nice that little things like that can make him smile so widely. He's the kind of guy that cherishes every little thing and God that just makes me want him that much more.

"You find the most little things and make them mean something. I wish I was more like that." He gives me a questioning look then leans back against the couch, thinking. It's a few minutes before he finally says something.

"Tell me something small about me that frustrates you." I think for a few moment before I answer him choosing something that can't be taken in the wrong way. Something that can't possibly make him angry with me.

"Dan taught me to read people's eyes and read their body language and I'm really good at it, expect when I'm trying to read you I can't. It's like there is a big wall standing between us. Every time I think I know what you are thinking I turn out to be wrong." I say and he seems to be thinking about what I've just said. That's the only face that I can always be right about. I can tell when he's thinking hard about something, but other than that I'm kind of lost. A laugh leave this lips and I feel a pang in my chest, as I think of what my life would be like if I never heard that sweet laugh again.