Chapter 17//Connor

Connor

___________

I wake up Saturday morning to a cold bed and no sign of my soulmate. Where did he go? We are in the mode for no where he can't just walk somewhere like he usually does. I look out of the large window to see if my car is still in the driveway and I see it sitting there. The house is eerily silent telling me that Troye isn't here. I get out of bed and walk down to the kitchen hoping that making some coffee will ease my nerves a bit. I make it to the kitchen and see a note taped to the coffee pot. I walk across the kitchen and pull the note off of the pot so that I can read it.

Connor Joel,

I'm sorry you had to wake up to a cold bed, but Dan called me and he needed me ASAP. It has to do with you but for safety reasons I still can't tell you. I will soon but I can't right now. Stay inside with the doors and windows locked, just as a precaution. Don't worry about me, I should be home soon.

Yours,

Troye Sivan xx

I find it sweet that he left me a handwritten note rather than just a text message. It seems more personal and I don't know just nicer. I make coffee and breakfast after checking the time. 9:21 a.m. not to early. After breakfast I clean up the mess I made making breakfast, then I head into the living room to watch T.V. as I wait for Troye to get home.

By the time eleven rolls around I'm bored and Troye still isn't home so after putting on some clothes I adventure around the house familiarizing myself with where every thing is. I end up back in the bedroom lying across bed waiting for any sign from Troye that he'll be home soon. I feel useless not being allowed to go outside or do anything really. Usually it would piss me off if someone was telling me what to do, but I know that it's in my best interest to listen to Tro.

It's 11:45 when my phone chimes telling me that I have a message from Troye Sivan. I open the message to see:

Hey Connor, I'm sorry that took a lot longer than I thought it would. I should be home in ten minutes tops. I have a picnic, do you want to go down to the lake for the day?

I respond quickly remembering something that I had forgotten about until just now: All of our friends are getting together for a beach party, at the beach by Rickian's. I think we should go to that instead.

Troye responds with an okay as I pull out a pair of swim trunks and a tank top. I get dressed and I'm walking into the living room as Troye walks through the front door. Troye walks straight up to the bedroom to change then he meets me in the living room.

"You ready to go?" He asks holding out a hand for me, I grab his hand and pull myself up with a big smile.

"Yes." Troye looks happy and he doesn't let go of my hand until we get in the car. I sit in the driver seat and I drive away from the house at a moderate speed. Troye is looking out of the window with a expressionless face as he taps his fingers against the door.

"Do you know who is going to be there?" Troye asks once we finally get on a proper road. He looks over at me as he waits for an answer and he looks so cute.

"Like everyone. Zalfie, Janya, Rickian, Tyler, Marcus and his soulmate Naomi, Jc and his soulmate Dakota, Jaspar, Trevor just like everyone." I say and Troye nods running a hand through his hair. I can't help but think he's a little disappointed that we aren't spending all day together by ourselves. I love spending time alone with him but I feel like I haven't spent time with some of my friends in awhile. "Zalfie is going to be suspicious of us being here today when you claimed to be sick yesterday."

"It's okay everyone will be happy that we are there and together. Our friends used to worry about me because I never did anything with any one before I met you. Other than Tyler that one time." He keeps talking until we reach the parking lot next to the beach. Most of our friends are just arriving and I'm honestly so excited for this beach day.