Chapter 25//Troye

Troye

_____________________

Jaspar's proposal goes exactly like it was planned to and Caspar is crying when he says yes and pulls Joe up to kiss him. Everyone around me is getting engaged, all of my friends seem to have these perfect lives going for them. I have my Connor and that's all that really matters, he's here with me right now, alive and holding on to my hand. He looks over at me and smiles then starts talking to Zoe about something. I can't really focus on what they are saying for some reason, something just doesn't feel right. I let go of Connor's hand and lean over to kiss his cheek.

"I'll be back in a minute." He gives me a strange look and I send him a look that says 'trust me' then he nods. I walk around the apartment looking at every face to make sure there is no one here who shouldn't be here. I don't see anything that seems off but I just have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that something is not right here. Whenever I have this feeling I'm never wrong, but I still don't want to call Dan and Phil. They have tabs on the car Jason is using and our car, they know where we are and were he is. They would tell me if Jason was close to us, they would warn me because as much as Dan doesn't act like it, they care about us. Probably more than they have ever cared about two other people, other than each other of course. 

I walk out of the building walking around and searching for the car that we saw last night. My phone buzzes in my pocket and I see that Dan is calling me. Shit. Shit. Shit. I answer the phone running back inside so that I can get to Connor. Dan doesn't talk for a second then he starts talking so fast that it's almost hard to catch everything that he's saying.

"They are on the same block as you and you need to get Connor away from there immediately. They are in the same car that they were last night and I am positive that both of them are in that car. I know how much you want to just kill them now but you can't. Get Connor out of there."

"Daniel we are at a fucking engagement party with all of our friends. I can't just leave them here to get kidnapped by Garrett and Jason. I can't leave, Dan. I can't do this to them." I'm inside Jaspar's kitchen whispering into the phone sharply at Dan hoping that no one will hear me. Thankfully most everyone is in the living room, but that doesn't help the situation at hand in any way.

"How many people are there?" Dan asks like that will make a difference on my decision to stay here or not. What kind of fucked up human is he? Okay I already know the answer to that but that doesn't mean that I don't think about how fucked up this is. 

"Twenty maybe thirty." I say knowing that I need to answer him even if I don't want to do what I know he is thinking about. "Dan I'm not just leaving them unprotected while there is two people that want to kill Con on the same block."

"Do you remember Bethany Mota? You worked with her last month. She lives on the same street as them, would you leave and take Connor if we sent Bethany in there? If you two are gone they are most likely going to leave. I really don't think they want your friends, even if they could use them against you. Bethany will make sure everyone is okay and if they come to the door she will make them leave one way or another."

"Leave them alive. I want to be the one who finishes those bastards. Fine when Bethany gets here I'll leave with Connor." Dan is silent on the other line probably looking at Phil so that he'll call Bethany up. "Why can't you just help us catch them? I know you care, you can't hide that you care. This is putting a lot of stress on you as well as on us. If you just told me where their main base is this could all be over. He could fall in love with me and everything would be normal."

"If I helped you track down and kill these men then I would risk everything that I've worked for in my whole life. As much as I hate to admit it, I do care about you and Connor but I care about what I've worked for more. It has taken me so much work to get to where I am today, I can't risk this. I'm sorry Troye. I can give you hints occasionally but I can't tell you everything." he pauses and I can hear shuffling on the other end of the phone. "She should be there in about two minutes and twenty one seconds."