Chapter 28//Troye

Troye

_______________________

I hold Connor tight in my arms relishing in the fact that we are finally safe. Connor is safe and I'm safe, all the stress that we have been enduring about this is finally over. Tyler is sitting on the couch behind Connor and I can see a big smile on his face. He's genuinely happy for us, he just wants to see his friends happy and we can finally be fully happy now. I let go of Connor and look to Tyler holding my arms out, Tyler stands up and throws his arm around me. He nuzzles his head into my chest and Connor gets behind him and puts his arms around both of us. We hug for a few seconds then we let go and I smile at Connor then at Tyler.

"I'm really happy for you two." He says and Connor and I lean in at the same time to kiss his cheeks and he playfully shoves at our chests. He's a giggly mess and it makes me happy seeing him happy. "Can you not?"

"We are just trying to show a little bit of love and appreciation to our best friend." Connor says with a sweet smile on his face, he puts a hand under his chin and does an over the top grin. I'm so in love with this man, he's so beautiful. Tyler looks at me giving Connor "heart eyes" as he likes to call them and rolls his eyes. He is so done with us and I take that as a cue that maybe we should go, there is only so much that Tyler can deal with. I know that he's happy for us but that doesn't mean he's entirely happy with himself and the feelings he will always have no matter what. 

"Go home before you make me sick with your heart eyes." Tyler says sitting back down on his couch, Connor's head whips towards me trying to catch looking at him like that but I don't let him. We thank Tyler then walk out of his building and down to the car, the only sound that can be heard as we drive home is the radio. I find myself wondering if he really meant that he loves me, I mean he did say it twice but it was heated emotional times. What if he just said it to say it and he doesn't really mean it?

"Are you okay, Troye?" Connor asks when we step into the living room together, he stands in front of me and takes my face in his hands. I don't answer him for answer him for a moment staring into his green eyes that are full of worry. I should be able to just voice what I'm thinking but I feel stupid for thinking it so I don't want to tell him.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I say in a very unconvincing tone, Connor gives me a look that says 'I'm not stupid' and I just shake my head. "It's nothing. I'm just being stupid." I say pulling away from the touch of his soft hands and walking over to sit on the couch. He stands in front of me with his arms crossed and I'm not sure if he looks pissed off or like he's pouting.

"Troye you can tell me anything." I don't look into his because I know that his eyes will be pleading, begging me to tell him what's wrong. I feel stupid for thinking this but I need to know, I can't spend anymore time doubting this.

"Did you really  mean it?" He down at me with a confused look and I stand so that we are face to face. I sigh realizing that I'm going to have to say it and I'm probably going to make an idiot out of myself. "That you love me." Connor's eyes soften and he puts a soft hand on my face forcing me to look at him. He looks upset and right now I can't deal with that. Why is upset? Talk please. Just say something. 

"Of course I meant it, Troye. I wouldn't just say that if I didn't mean it. I said it then because I was worried something would happen to you and you would never know that I do love you." He pulls me into a hug and I don't hesitate to return the embrace, his arms are strong and warm around me. "Don't ever doubt us, Troye." He pulls away only to plant a soft kiss on my lips, we stare into each others eyes for a moment before I feel  the cut on my face start to sting.

"Let's get cleaned up then go to bed. In a different room maybe." Connor nods his head and lean in to kiss his cheek before walking off to the bathroom upstairs. Connor follows close behind me and I can feel his eyes on me studying everything that I'm doing. He's probably trying to access how hurt I am, I'm fine to be honest. Neither of those boys knew how to fight and though they are much larger than I am they were fairly easy to tie up. Connor follows me into the bathroom and starts taking off his clothes, I smile then turn on the shower before stripping out of my clothes. I look down at Connor's glistening body as I step into the shower and I can see that he is shamelessly doing the same just not in the obvious way that I'm doing it. I look up into his eyes and he turns his head like he's embarrassed that he got caught looking at me.