Chapter 23//Troye

Troye

___________________

I'm upset that whatever Connor had planned for me was ruined, despite the attitude that I was faking I was really enjoying myself. Simply talking to him and just learning more about the way that he thinks is my favorite thing. He's amazing, thoughtful, kind and everything that everyone hopes that their soul mate is. Of course our night had to be ruined by one of those fucking bastards that want to kill my boyfriend. I am absolutely sick of this, I just want things to be normal, whatever that means. I'm scared out of my mind and Dan and Phil refuse to help us. I can see where they are coming from not wanting to tell us because I know just how horrible this particular business can be. Dan and Phil are scared for themselves as well as for us. Dan can act like he doesn't care about me or Connor at all but he's made it obvious that he does by always listening to my problems and trying to help however he can. 

I take Connor's hand as we walk into the parking garage and lead him over to a black Ford Escape. I let go of his hand as soon as we make it over to the car and he crosses his arms over his chest and refuses to get in the car. I am not in the mood to deal with this right now. Can't he just do the easy thing for once in his life and not question everything I do. He's a smart man he has to know that this is the best option for us at the moment. We can't leave in the car that the people who want to kill him already know. 

"What about my car?" I sigh looking over the roof of the car at him, seeing a frown perched on his face looking like it isn't going to go away anytime soon. Why does he car so much about that damn car? It's a piece of crap that's probably only going to last a few more months. It's the first car he ever bought for himself, Troye. Stop being a dick.

"Connor we can't leave in the car that Jason was already tracking. You aren't going to be able to drive it until all of this is done, until we catch those bastards." He sighs then opens his door and gets into the car, I follow his example. I look over at him as I shut my door and he's wearing the same expression that he was a few minutes ago. He has his arms crossed over his chest and his face is set into a deep frown. I don't do anything to try and cheer him up, I just start the car and drive home.

"How do you know it was Jason and not Garrett?" He asks looking down at his lap and not looking at me. He looks like he has something on his mind that he wants to tell me, but so far nothing has left his mouth other than that question. 

"Dan accidentally showed me the license plate number and who the car was registered to. Quite stupid of this Jason to use his own vehicle that was in his own name. He's such an amateur. Dan and Phil are going to be tracking his car and they are going to tell me when the best time to make a move is." I tell him not withholding any information because I know that there is literally no point in doing that. I know that there is certain things that he'd rather not know but I think that  he needs to know as much as possible. I want him to know what's going on, I don't want him to be confused. "Now you look like you have something on your mind. Did Phil tell you something or ask you something?"

"Um..." He squirms in his seat when I take a side glance over at him, he's sitting on his hands down instead of having his arms crossed over his chest. "Both actually but only one things matters."

"Go on." I press, feeling impatient, keeping my eyes on the road and trying to focus on driving. We should not be talking about this in the car. This is not something that we should be discussing right now. 

"Phil told me that both of the people on the piece of paper they gave us are trying to kill me. Jason and Garrett are both trying to kill me." Its starting to scare me how comfortable he seems talking about things like this. He should be scared out of his fucking mind and bawling his eyes out but right now he's sitting here looking like we could be talking about our favorite music artists. He shouldn't be this comfortable with this, this is literally my job. I kill people so I should be the one who is comfortable talking about this, but I'm not because this is my fucking soul mates life that we are talking about. This isn't some person that I don't really know and would never want to know, this is my soul mate. He's the one that gets me on a level that no one else does. He knows more things about me then anyone else in my life, he's the only one that can keep the nightmares away and he's the only person I will ever love.