Chapter 12//Connor

Connor

_________________

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock blaring on the bedside table behind me. I'm acutely aware of the fact that Troye has somehow ended up curled into my chest with his arms around me. I look down at him and stroke his hair, he likes to have his hair played with. He looks so cute right now, so innocent, like he could have never done the things that he has done. I can't imagine him being able to do anything even remotely like that as I look down at him now. His features are so soft and the way his mouth is handing open just a little bit makes my heart flutter.

I reach one hand back to grab my phone so I can shut of the alarm then I take a deep breath before carefully getting out of bed. Troye shuffles around in the bed reaching out for me and just finding the bed sheets where I was lying just moments ago.

"Connor..." Troye whines in a voice that I can tell is still half asleep. Does he want me to come back to bed? I kind of wish I could right now, I don't really want to go to work right now. I sit on the bed beside him and he crawls over and sets his head in my lap. I reach down and play with his hair and he lets out a happy murmur.

"Good morning." I say a little bit surprised at how forward he is being but then again not so surprised. I mean he tried to kiss me last night, normally a kiss wouldn't be such a big deal to me but with Troye everything is different. He's my soul mate and I want to have an amazing first kiss during a really special moment not one in my bed when we obviously aren't a real thing yet.

Nothing about our relationship is normal and in some ways I guess I'm thankful for that but in other ways I just really want us to be normal. I don't really mind faking a relationship in front of our friends and cuddling him at night but eventually the lines are going to get blurry and I'm sure things are going to get confusing.

It's Troye's phone ringing that pulls us away from one another, I stand up after he slides away from me and I can feel a blush coating my cheeks as I realize what we were doing. He was sitting with his head in my lap and I was just playing with his hair. It's a really normal totally not platonic thing for couples to do but not two people who have no idea how they feel. At least I have no real clue, I obviously have some feelings but how deep they run I'm not to sure yet.

Troye looks down at the caller ID and walks out of my room into his. I wonder who is calling him at this time in the morning. I shake my head moving on from the thought as I pick out my outfit for today. Another day in the office editing I assume, once I'm presentable I walk into the kitchen to make my morning coffee and some breakfast. I find Troye sitting there with a piece of half eaten toast and his phone on the table in front of him. I notice that he is fully dressed and I wonder where he might be going.

"Can you give me a lift to work? I have to go talk to Dan and Phil." I start making my breakfast thinking about what he said before actually answering him. Why does he need to talk to Dan and Phil? Does he have another assignment, as he likes to call them? I don't know how I'm going to be able to handle him coming home when I know what he just did. I don't know how he acts after an assignment either. He, rightfully so, doesn't want to talk about it ever. He seems to try to keep the topic as far from his mind as he can. If I were him I would do the same thing. Honestly who wants to think about the terrible things that he has been forced to do or have happened to him.

"Yeah, no problem." I don't question him about anything deciding that if he wants to tell me he will or even if he doesn't I'm sure eventually he'll have to tell me what's going on. It's probably just another assignment but my mind is running wild with all the who's what's when's where's why's and how's. As I finish my coffee my brain finally stops with the crazy scenarios and I look over to Troye seeing that he looks like he's waiting for me. We didn't say a word to each other the entire time that we were eating but I was too wrapped up in my own thoughts to think that it was awkward.