(9) until I make you mine

I woke up to the sound of birds outside my windows, soothing the daytime air. I slowly sat up, still a bit tired after only 4 hours of sleep. It wasn't even 4 hours in a row. First I slept for about one hour, woke up and fell asleep for about 30 minutes, and then finally went back to sleep for almost exactly 2 hours and 30 minutes.

Last night was aweful, the entire time I was awake I was stressing about how I was gonna tell Wilbur, how I was gonna tell Sam, how I was gonna do anything really. I slowly made my way to the kitchen, leaning down a bit by Ranboo's bed so he could jump into my hood. I grabbed a bit of bread and tossed it over to him, letting him eat it all. I didn't feel hungry this morning. I went back up to my room to quickly grab the heart-shaped locket that held Ranboo's treats and put it back around my neck. I slowly walked out the door, my nerves catching up to me.

Y/n- "I have to do this. I have to."

I sighed, slowly walking down the path that led to Wilbur's van. Once I got inside I saw Wilbur sitting down, writing things in a small notepad with his guitar right beside him.

Y/n- "Wilbur."

He looked up quickly, his once fear inducing stare soon turned soft at the sight of me in the doorway.

Wilbur- "Ah, Y/n, your back hm?" Well it's lovely to see you! I actually have something very important to ask you.."

He looked a bit nervous saying the part, making me almost wanna cry. I knew almost exactly what he was going to ask, and I also knew what I was going to say. It hurt. A lot.

Y/n- "O-oh! Alright....w-what do you need to ask me W-willby?"

He slowly got up, walking towards me. I was so sad, I just didn't want to do this to him, he looked so happy when I was just around him. Even though I cared about him, and would never want him to hurt, this is what is best for the both of us. He will move on eventually, right? He has to...

he grabbed my hands in his own, looking into my eyes. He had a soft smile on his face, he was so happy...

Wilbur- "Y/n, I-um..I really like you, and...and I would love it if you would be my [girlfriend/boyfriend]..."

My breath hitched in my throat. I knew what he was going to ask, but it still made me want to cry. Tear's threatened to fall Everytime I tried to speak, but I finally got something out.

Y/n- "Willby....i-....I like you. I really really do. You have been nothing but kind to me this entire time, and I thank you greatly for that, but.....I don't like you how you like me."

I breathed in a small breath. This needed to be said. I could see the devastated look on Wilbur's face. God, why did this whole 'love' thing have to be so difficult?!

Y/n- "I still think we should be friends, so long as your okay with it, but I just don't feel the same. Im- I'm sorry, Wilbur....I really am."

I looked down, I couldn't take seeing the sadness on his face.

Wilbur- "O-oh....hey it-"

He had to stop speaking for a second so he didn't start to cry. That honestly just made me want to cry more.

Wilbur- "it's fine. It really is, you can't control who you l-like.....a-and don't like.."

I looked up at him, a single tear rolling down my face.

Y/n- "Thank you for understanding, Mr. Willby soot."

I smile-cried at my own little bit of a joke. Wilbur laughed a bit as he finally let himself silent cry. I gave him a hug, never wanting to let go, never wanting to see him sad ever again.

Wilbur- "I'm glad I know how you feel, even if it does hurt. Now, I can see you have a little bit of a crush on a certain creeper boy? Mmmm?"

His words caught me off guard. I just said I didn't like him back and now he was trying to see who I liked? Weird fukin' Wilbur. It made me smile.

Y/n- "you can't shut up for two seconds can you?"

I said playfully, smiling and not knowingly blushing.

Wilbur- "Well, I would just take that and go, but I noticed that you started blushing the second I mentioned him. Got any thoughts on that?"

I pushed Wilbur away playfully, earning a laugh from him.

Y/n- "oh hush!"

We both laughed for a minute, enjoying each other's company. After a minute, Wilbur finally spoke.

Wilbur- "Well, whatever you say. I think you should go get em' before someone else does. And by someone else i mean ponk."

Ponk? Who was he? Didn't matter, this ponk person didn't stand a chance. I tried to put that sentence into my mind as much as possible before I had a panic attack. No chance. Nope, no way.

Y/n- "well, I'm actually confessing to him today..."

Wilbur's eyes lit up, it surprised me a small bit honestly.

Wilbur- "LET ME BE YOUR WINGMAN. NOW."

I laughed at Wilbur's excitement to help me out with this. I obviously couldn't say no. 

Y/n- "Alright, fine. Just- don't screw up."

Wilbur- "I should be telling you that."

Y/n- "Your such an ass. Your almost worse than tommy."

Wilbur gasped in a fake hurt voice.

Wilbur- "I can't believe you would ever say that! I am much better than that CHILD."

He put quite a lot of emphasis on the word child for some reason, making me laugh hysterically.

Y/n- "Alright will, I should get going, I have a creeper to snatch."

We giggled together, finally being able to be around each other without it being uncomfortable. I loved it.

1024 words

A/n:
Why did I actually almost cry writing this- it's not even that good-
Anyways, this was fun, and Catboo is my favorite. I put [girlfriend/boyfriend] because I want this to be gender neutral, as to why I'm trying to use they/them pronouns and such. So there's that if you were confused. Anyways, I hope you all have a lovely day/night!^^