(14) when panic set in

Ranboo's pov:

I was watching Sam's every move, making sure he didn't try anything. I knew they were dead, it was obvious, but I didn't want to believe it. I couldn't believe it. I finally found someone I truly cared about, someone I could call my best friend, and they died. Was it really all my fault? Yes. If I told them to stay they wouldn't be dead.

More tears streamed down my face, causing an aweful hissing sound, and quite the painful sting. I stood up, wanting to leave, I had no more purpose of being here. My only goal was to protect them, and I failed. Miserably. The creeper hybrid who called himself, 'Sam' watched me as I got up.

Sam- "I was just wondering, who the fuck even are you? I haven't seen you around at all."

Ranboo- "I'm Ranboo."

The venom lacing my voice was obvious and made him flinch a bit.

Sam- "How do you know Y/n."

Ranboo- "They saved my life."

Sam- "how."

Ranboo- "I was gonna starve and they helped me."

Sam- "why haven't I seen you around them then?"

Ranboo- "I don't know."

Sam- "you sound like your lying."

I had the intent to not let anyone know I was part cat, or could transform. God knows what these people would do with that information.

Ranboo- "can you stop asking questions."

Sam- "I want to know why you didn't help them."

Ranboo- "What...?"

I looked him dead in the eyes, he was crouched down beside them, holding onto their hand. I didn't know who he was, only heard a few things about him from Y/n, but he seemed like this broke him. A lot. It hurt me too though, so he shouldn't be such a jerk. Or ask as many questions as he was.

Sam- "you could have saved them, you were close enough to cry when they got hit. Why the fuck didn't you do something?!"

The anger rose In his voice very quickly, sending a shiver down my spine. I may look and act all tough and scary, but in reality, I'm not the best at social interaction and hate when people look me in the eyes, or even at all.

Ranboo- "I......I have no fucking clue."

I said that with sincerity, a tear rolling down my face, adding to the burn. I wanted to fall into a puddle and cry, why didn't I do something? Was it really my fault? Was I really the monster here?

No

I'm not the monster. Dream is.
I growled at just the thought of him, catching Sam off-guard.

Sam- "chill. I just asked."

I was snapped out of my trance when Sam spoke, making me look at him.