(15) Flickering

Me and Schlatt sat there waiting for what felt like forever, I got bored quick though so it was probably only 10 minutes or something. I didn't even know what we were waiting for, so I decided to ask.

Y/n- "so, uh, what are we waiting on?"

Jschlatt- "The train to pick someone up."

I looked at him in shock. We were waiting for someone to die!? Not only is that so mean, but also, wouldn't that take forever? I had to do a double take when I realized he wasn't kidding.

Y/n- "W-what?"

He looked at me, and smiled.

Jschlatt- "Wow, can't handle a little bit of death can you? Whatever, here I'll tell you how it works. It takes awhile to explain so get comfy."

I scooted back into my seat and put my knees to my chest, looking at him in anticipation. He sat back a bit, a small smile on his lips.

Jschlatt- "Okay, so basically, when someone loses their last life, they get sent here. You know this."

He looked at me playfully. I only scowled.

Jschlatt- "Tough crowd, okay. Anyways, when someone loses a life that is not their last, they flicker. They come here for a split second, before going back to spawn. I've seen it happen."

He stopped, but I was still confused.

Y/n- "Why does this matter?"

Jschlatt- "Because, if we wait until someone loses one life, and the train stops to pick them up for that small amount of time, we could get off the train. If we're fast enough that is."

Y/n- "Sorry to say, but I am not sonic. Thank you."

I got a laugh for that one.

Jschlatt- "Well no shit. Just, trust me okay? If you fall behind I'll just drag you."

He smiled. I was almost surprised, but then I remembered who I was talking to.

Y/n- "I...I guess. If this fails though, I'm going to blame you. Your aware of that correct?"

Jschlatt- "Yes- HEY, LOOK!"

he pointed in the direction of the train door, seeing it open while the train came to a stop. We both jumped up, bolting for the door. I honestly didn't know what I was doing, other than just trying to get out of the train. I saw the doors try to close and I panicked, throwing myself at them. I grabbed the sides of the door and held them open.

I looked up, still hearing Schlatt run behind me. It's like if time slowed, letting me see the sight in front of me. I saw L'manburg, Sam, Wilbur, Niki, Fundy, Tommy, and even Ranboo were there. They were talking and Sam was holding Ranboo. I wanted to reach out to them, I wanted to show them I was almost there. I pushed my right side to the door, so I could keep it open but also reach my hand out. I slowly reached out, they looked so close, like I could touch them.

I was so close, then it flickered. My hand retreated a little at the surprise of the flickering. The once peaceful picture of L'manburg, the place I called home, was now flickering from that to a dark, shadowy, platform. If you imagined a waiting platform to a train, just with blood red lights instead of normal ones, you would have what I saw. It just kept flickering, getting faster by the second. My chances of getting home flickering away.

Y/n- "No.....NO!"

I yelled, and suddenly felt someone push me. I tripped, falling out of the train. I felt myself land on grass, not solid concrete. That was good. I looked up, seeing the sun. I smiled like crazy, we had done it. I jumped up, twirling around.

Y/n- "Schlatt, Schlatt we did it!-"

I looked behind me, expecting to see a smug looking Jschlatt behind me, but was instead met with once again another sight that might haunt my dreams. He was there, just..... Flickering.......he was there one second, then he wasn't. Rinse and repeat. God, flickering didn't even seem like a word to me anymore....

Jschlatt- "Go be the fucking hero or whatever. I'll make it out someday."

It only then hit me what happened. Schlatt had pushed me out of the train, but missed jumping out himself. How was he so calm about this!?

Y/n- "Schlatt...no....wait!"

Jschlatt- "Eh, dont worry about me. I've survived long enough in here, I'll survive again until I get out. You wouldn't though, you would just die from boredom. Im aware that you would already be dead, that's just how bored you would have got."

He chuckled at himself, making me smile.

Y/n- "I'll see you another day, friend."

Jschlatt- "See ya'!"

He waved, disappearing. I sighed, I lost him again. I was home though, and knowing Jschlatt how I do, he will probably be here soon enough. He's quite determined. What I was determined on though, was finding Sam, and Ranboo. Because, y'know, Ranboo is my beloved. I giggled, dusting myself off.

Y/n- "here we go again, time to figure out where the hell I am and get back to L'manburg."

I looked around, realizing that this was most likely spawn. I started to walk in a random direction, not sure if I was going the right way. I didn't care much though. Although I'm not the most religious person, me and Tommy used to joke about this god called 'DreamXD', maybe he would help me. I set off, smiling widely.
This was my second chance.

935 words

A/n:
Explaining time! So, the reason Y/n Didn't have three lives and died immediately, is because when they were still with the "bad people" they had done experiments and had killed them twice, fascinated by how they could just come back. So that's why. Ya welcome. Also the way they escaped was just a brain child I had the idea for at like, midnight when I couldn't sleep, so sorry if it doesn't make any sense XD.

I'm sorry for not updating.

I'm a failure.

E.