26

____________________________________

***

Know you put on a happy face
You need someone who's gonna stay

***

________________________________

CHAPTER 26

Renny's Pov.

I decided to walk down to the cafe about twenty minutes after Harry left. I was bored and I didn't know what to do, which led me to remembering this cafe.

I've spent the last twenty minutes trying to figure out why the hell Harry left like that. I feel like he lied about meeting with Phil, whoever the hell that even is. I know Xena mentioned him but I still don't believe that's true though.

"Chai tea?" The woman said with a smile as she sat it in front of me on the table. "Yes. Thank you." I smiled and she nodded before going back behind the cafe.

I heard the door of the lobby open and Harry was walking in. What the hell? I thought he went upstairs. He couldn't see me because the table was in the corner beside the entrance. I smelt smoke as soon as he walked in though. I know he told me once that he smokes but i've never actually seen him smoke.

He disappeared down the hall and I sighed, realizing I have to go back. It's only been close to thirty minutes. I thought he'd be gone longer.

I left my phone in the room so I know he'll freak out if he doesn't see me. After a couple of minutes of being in my head wondering where he was and why he lied, I went down the hall towards the room.

I paused when I got in front of the door, not wanting to deal with him angry, it gets exhausting. I slid my key in the door and opened it to see him sitting on the edge of the bed, his eyes shooting up to mine and running his hands through his hair.

"Fuck Ren, where were you?" He said as he stood up, walking towards me. "Where were you?" I asked calmly and as he stood in front of me, I smelt smoke even more on him. "I told you I was meeting with Phil. Why'd you leave your phone in here?"

I could tell he was getting anxious before I walked in. He was fidgety. I wonder if he often has anxiety attacks when i'm not around.

"No you weren't." I said quietly and he knitted his brows. "You smell like smoke. I was in the cafe and I saw you walk in from outside. Alone." I said calmly as I walked around him, my chai tea in my hand, as I sat on the edge of the bed.

I was now in lounge pants and a white tee.

His eyes darted down to my cup, realizing I was indeed at the cafe.

"Well why didn't you take your phone?" He asked quietly, not looking me in the eye as if that question embarrassed him. "I thought you'd be gone longer."

He sighed and sat down beside me.

"I wasn't with Phil. I had to call Tyson. And I was stressed and I wanted to smoke. I went down the street and got some smokes." "Well why lie about that?" "I wanted to go alone." "You could've said that." "I didn't wanna argue or have you get mad." He said with his normal harsh tone.