68

_________________________________

***

The only time I feel I might get better
Is when we are together

***
________________________________

TW: sex trafficking

Chapter 68

Renny's Pov.

"I just need you to tell me you'll let me handle it though Renny. I know you. You take things into your own hands, like you did last night."

I see what he means.

"Okay, I won't. Just...I deserve to know about things that have to do with me." I told him and he nodded.

"I'm gonna handle it though so please don't worry okay?" "Why, just let you worry yourself sick instead?" I rebutted and he just gave me a stare.

He took a deep breathe and got under the covers but sat against the headboard by me.

He looked nervous and I sighed, thinking he wasn't going to tell me.

"Grimaldi runs a prostitution ring, you know that. It's classified more as a brothel except it's more private. I say it's more of a brothel because they strictly cater to sex but at the same time most of the girls at Grimaldi's are more similar to escorts. They're high end. At least they look it. You go there for a night, you're rich and you're looking for sex and you're gonna get it. He has his regulars. He trusts them not to rat him out and they trust him to not to tell their wives. Its a risky business because it's illegal, but it's also risky because they both have something over each other. Grimaldi will always have something over somebody. He makes sure of that." He rolled his eyes to himself as if he hated that fact.

I think we all hate that fact.

"A few months before I met you, I started hearing talk that girls were falling off from the ring, basically meaning they were disappearing."

That must be what Audie meant when she said some of it looked like sex trafficking.

"Apparently it's not many, but he has had a few. He's basically finding these men that see these women, whether they've had sex with them or just seen them, and these men claim them. The night you went to that party with Grimaldi or whatever he called it, that was a silent auction. Essentially, these men were looking at all the women and deciding if they liked any of them enough to buy them. To have sex with them is probably a couple of thousand dollars but to buy them is a quarter of a million to three quarters of a million. At least that's the highest it's gotten..."

I raised my eyebrows at the word.

"Buy them?" I asked and he nodded. "Yeah...buy them. What they do with the girls beyond that isn't of any concern to Grimaldi. It's sex trafficking. These women have no say. He has cameras in every room of that place. He has some of the nastiest shit on video to hold over those girls. They feel trapped. He brushes off the fact that it's sex trafficking and pretends it's nothing of the sort. Extended escorting he says, but these women don't come back. I've seen the transaction history. There's not many like I said, but it's obvious which transactions are those kind. There's initials of the girls out beside the transactions."