Welcome to Real Account

"Hey did you see the RA update?!"

"Yeah! It's awesome!"

"Sweet, I reached 300 followers!"

RA also known as Real Account was always a topic of discussion since it was the biggest form of social media, everyone had the app on their phone.

"Hey, Kyo, how many followers do you have?" One of his friends asked him as they were walking home.

"300" the boy said.

Kyo had short length black hair and dark blue eyes, wearing a blue and white shirt with a gray jacket along with blue jeans and black and blue sneakers.

"Wow! I expected you to have more since you're pretty popular"

"Whatever, it's not like having followers has a big meaning behind it or anything" Kyo said and turned the corner once he reached his neighborhood. The boy glanced at his cell phone, seeing his follower count.

He never saw the reason for getting excited about such a thing, yeah people get famous and whatever but it doesn't happen to everyone in the world, some people pop off and they only become one hit wonders.

That's how the internet is, do people really know you? Or do they only know the side you want to show them?

Yeah you can make good friends, no denying that aspect but even so can you count on them when it really matters?

Once Kyo got home he was greeted by his litte sister, Rio, she had long black hair and dark blue eyes, wearing a white top with a black skirt.

"Welcome home!" She smiled softly and Kyo patted her head.

The two siblings lived alone together since they lost their parents in an accident. Rio never got to know them since she was only a baby so Kyo raised her and told stories.

Even though she was only 10 years old  Rio was very mature and knew how to take care of herself thanks to her older brother teaching her the ropes of the house since she would be alone when he's at school.

"How was school?" The young girl asked as she sat at the table and Kyo gave the girl her plate.

"It was okay, same old, same old. Nothing new really" Kyo said, sitting beside her.

---

After dinner the two were in the living room watching tv and Kyo got a notification on his phone. "A new follower huh? I guess I should follow them back"

But right before Kyo could press follow on his phone the screen went dark and their was a bright flash.

"W-what is this..?"

Once the light went away Kyo was no longer in his home he was in a area with a bunch of other people and looked around, there were screens with news reports and game updates.

But what really surprised Kyo were the big words that read: Welcome to Real Account.

"W-what... what is this?"

A/N: sup people out there! This is a fic based on a manga I really enjoy called Real Account! Think of it as SAO but with cell phones but I highly recommend it if you never read it!