Shut Down in 10 Days

"Sir! About the current situation of Real Account what will you and your company do?" Asked a random camera man, him and a bunch of paparazzi stood in front of the stage.

On stage stood the Real Account president and representative Masahide Eniguma, a average looking man with black hair slicked back and a thin mustache, wearing a business suit. He gave his response to the crowd before him.

"Right now we know only two things. One is that this entire incident was caused by someone who possess high advanced technology and has clear malicious intent. The second is that the RA servers have been hijacked and our network researches have declared that we can't restore them, in other words, there is nothing we can do."

"What kind of reply is that?!" A camera woman yelled.

"Aren't you professionals?!"

"There must be something you can do!"

The crowd was clearly not pleased with his words but the president had one more thing to announce.

"Due to this we have made a decision. In ten days from now, May 5th, 11:59pm we will permanently close all RA servers." He said, the look on his face serious as he continued, "to the ones still inside, the "players" dare I say.. your time limit is ten days so please do your best to escape and return to the real world."

~Elsewhere~

"What?! Shut down? Are they serious?" Nanami frowned, watching the press conference on her phone with Rio right beside her.

"P-people are still stuck in there.." Rio said softly and put her arms around herself, worried about her brother. Nanami patted her head and smiled softly, "hey now, keep that chin up. You have faith in your sibling and I have faith in mine!" She grinned with a thumbs up.

Rio smiled slightly and nodded, "y-you're right."

"Hell yeah, now let's go!" Nanami raised her fist and rode off on the bike with Rio.

~Real Account World~

"S-shut down?! They can't do that with us still in here!" Futaba exclaimed, slamming her fist on the table, nearly knocking over her drink.

"Ten days..." Yuichi muttered, "we don't even know how many games are left.. Marble never made that clear to us."

Kyo nodded, leaning back in his chair. "That's right, he only said we have to play and we'll be set free. Maybe the time limit will ruin his plans somewhat."

"Y-yeah but if not then what happens to us? Will we just be stuck here forever?" Futaba thought about the worst but shook her head to clear her mind.

"We'll just have to see what Marble is going to do next?" Yuichi said and looked at the girl beside him. "By the way, where's the girl? The one that was in the robot."

"After I took her to my place I hopped in the shower but once I got out she was gone, maybe we'll see her again, I hope so at least." Futaba replied.

~~~~

In another part of the food court, Ryu and Ichiro were sitting at a table together and with them was the girl Futaba saved. She had long black hair and red eyes, wearing a black and red school girl sailor uniform. The girl's arms were crossed, an annoyed and dull look on her face.

"To think I'd be around you again... I feel like I'm cursed." She scoffed.

Ryu chuckled softly and ate a fry. "Don't be so harsh, Ayumi. It's been a long time so as former school mates we should have a better and more happy reunion~"

"You two know each other huh? That's nice! Welcome to our team!" Ichiro cheered and Ayumi gave him the middle finger.

"I never said I was gonna join this group, I'm here only since Ryu is the only one I know unfortunately." The girl said and held up her phone, "anyway, what are your thoughts about our time limit?"

"I think it's fun," Ichiro said, resting his chin on his hand. "But it is a little scary, we don't know how long Marble wants the games to go so he may be more harsh on us."

Ryu chuckled, looking at the two before him. "I agree on the fun part but aren't you curious about what will happen to us if we fail? Will we die? Will we just be stuck here for the rest of our lives? The possibilities are truly wonderful to think about." He smirked and sipped his tea.

"You're not scared or even a bit worried?" Ichiro asked with a tilt of his head.

"Of course not, we only get one life so instead of fearing the unknown we must he curious about it, it may lead to interesting developments." Ryu chuckled softly and raised his glass.

Ichiro giggled and raised his own glass as well, "you truly are a crazy guy."

The two shared a toast and Ayumi rolled her eyes, not happy at all with the fact that she's sitting with them.

"I think you're both crazy."

The two boys simply smiled at her words and took sips from their cups, Ryu looking at her.

"Then let us enjoy our crazy lives to the fullest for I believe things are going to be even more fun~"

End.