Explore the Maze (2/?)

"Entertain me!"

Ryu gave a confidant smirk as the Marble clone rushed towards him, it went for a punch and Ryu ducked at the last second, he then went for a upwards stab to the clone's chest. However, his arm was quickly caught by his opponent, his grip was strong, if this clone was buffer he probably could break Ryu's arm by just this simple action alone.

The clone then proceeded to swing Ryu's body towards the wall of the maze.

"I don't think so~"

Just before he was smashed against the wall, Ryu lifted his leg and kicked his foot off the wall to tackle the clone, getting his arm free in the process.

Both of them regained their stances and Ryu could only chuckle, clearly enjoying their little brawl.

"Trying to slam me against the wall huh? You truly are a violent one aren't you?"

The clone gave no response as if it couldn't speak, it simply rushed him again like a wild animal.

"Heh, actions speak louder than words I guess."

Ryu let his opponent get close and dodged his punch, taking off his jacket quickly as the clone rushed him.

As if he was in a bull fight Ryu held up his jacket and wrapped it around the clone's head, he obviously couldn't suffocate him effectively due to the clone having a mask but he did succeed in making him stagger.

He took the opportunity to give the clone multiple stab wounds with his pocket knife.

With a quick kick to his gut the clone made Ryu gasp for air as he fell to his knees.

"Guh! T-tch.. I got a little greedy there but first blood goes to me.." Ryu smirked slightly as he tried to catch his breath and stood back up.

"Those injuries should slow you down a bit, so maybe I can get you tired before killing you."

---

Elsewhere in the maze Kyo was wandering around alone, he hasn't come across any boxes yet and is unsure if he even wants to.

"Just how large is this place?" He asked himself, "many turns and dead ends but not many people, have some escaped?"

Almost on que with his questions about meeting people he came face to face with Ichiro and he wasn't alone. Beside the white haired boy were a young man and woman, both with soulless gazes.

"What's wrong with them?" Kyo asked apon noticing their expressions.

"Hm? Oh, don't worry about them, these two are my protection."

"What? I fail to see the reason for that," replied Kyo.

Ichiro giggled softly. "Come on, you're smarter than this! There's good luck and bad luck boxes plus killer Marble clones around here so I have my protection open boxes and defend me from clones. These two are the only ones left from the others I had."

Kyo looked at him with a shocked expression, how can this guy say such cruel things so innocently?

"So you just throw them away? Are you a coward or something?"

Ichiro looked him in the eyes, his smile unwavering. "I'm not throwing anyone away, it's their jobs they are doing. Bodyguards are supposed to get in harms way after all."

Kyo couldn't believe this, Yuichi told him how clearly messed up Ichiro was but still, experiencing it himself was unbelievable.

"You're sick."

"I think I'm perfectly healthy."

----

"Geez, not being able to see sucks, man!" Futaba whined, holding Yuichi by the hand as he guided her through the maze.

"Please don't yell... you may attract trouble for us and we don't want that, just hold on for a few more minutes and you can get that thing off."

The girl pouted and let out a sigh. "Yeah, you're right. I just don't want to drag you down."

"Aren't we a team, me, you and Kyo. All of us are going to make it through this."

The green haired girl smiled at his words and pumped her fist up, a wave of courage taking over her. "Yeah we will!"

---

"Damn, just how much stamina do you have?" Asked Ryu, he was holding his left shoulder, it was bleeding pretty badly.

The Marble clone held Ryu's pocket knife and threw it to the ground. It was like it was saying "I don't need a weapon to take care of you."

Ryu let out a laugh witnessing the sight. "Ah, so is that your way of mocking me? Honestly that's quite rude of you, but I unfortunately can't keep playing with you, I'm on a time limit."

The raven haired teen reached for his belt and pulled it off. "My parents always called me a creative kid."

With that being his final words the two rushed one another, Ryu quickly grabbed his jacket from the floor.

The clone made the first strike and punched Ryu, who blocked it, gritting his teeth as he felt a stinging pain in his shoulder. The clone then gave a kick to the right side of his hip, causing him to fall over.

He then attempted to smash his head with his foot but Ryu quickly rolled to the side and regained his stance. Once the Marble clone went to grab him Ryu ran down the maze.

He headed straight for a dead end wall.

Once he got close enough he tossed his jacket behind him, using the same trick twice on the clone and this time he swiftly turned to rush his attacker, getting his belt around his neck and got behind him.

He tightened it and jumped on his back, pulling as hard as he could to strangle the clone.

The clone reached behind, desperately attempting to pull the teen off of him, throwing himself against the wall over and over.

But Ryu was persistent, not letting go no matter what his opponent tried.

After a few more struggles the clone finally fell flat on his stomach and Ryu got off of him.

"Heh.. that was fun" he said, sitting flat on his butt, feeling tired. "Now then, who is behind the mask?"

He reached to slowly take off the mask but the moment the mask was lifted there was rapid beeping, followed by a sudden fiery explosion.

End.