Chapter 16: Witches Work Wonders

I woke up in the backseat of a car, listening to the steady hum of the cars engine.

I opened my eyes and realised that I was led on somebody's lap, immediately shooting up and getting a headache from doing so.

"Careful, you're still gonna be feeling like crap but you should be feeling better in a couple of minutes." Maddy said, steadying me from the head rush.

"How..." was I healed using vampire blood.

"Don't worry, the witches healed your blood wounds although they can't stop the from scarring and the bruises are gonna have to heal by themselves I'm afraid." Maddy said, hugging me lightly.

I nodded.

Sedrick was sat in the front of the car, Levi was driving and I had been laying on Maddy's lap in the back seat.

"I was sooo worried when Levi told me that you'd been taken, I had to beg Levi to take me, even then he made me hide in the car a mile away from the house. I'm just so glad that you're okay." Maddy said, hugging me again.

I winced a little, I ached all over.

"Where is..." I wanted to say Malik but then it would show that I cared, I don't.

"Malik? He's at home, worried sick. He wanted to come and help but he couldn't risk it, he's supposed to be the leader of the vampires so the other vampire's on the council advised him to send in Levi and the other witches instead. It's good that they did, a couple of more seconds and you wouldn't be here. Even vampire blood would have just changed you to a vampire instead of healing because you were too far gone. I'm just sooo happy you're okay!" she said, getting excited.

Sedrick muttered something under his breath that only him and Levi were able to hear, making them both laugh.

I slumped back into the seat, immediately regretting that I had because of the bruises that I had.

The rest of the drive home was in silence.

I realised that I was in a jacket that wasn't actually mine but luckily the collar of the shirt I had been wearing had survived.

The car stopped and the door beside me opened, arms pulled me out of the car.

It reminded me of the night I had first been kidnapped.

"Oh thank God! You're okay! I am so sorry Candice, I'm sorry this happened. It's all my fault, I am just soo sorry!" Malik said, pulling me into a hug and stroking my hair.

He took several seconds to examine my face and then he pulled me back into an even tighter hug.

"Malik, it's my turn." Serena said and then as soon as Malik released me, Serena hugged me tightly again.

"We're so glad your okay. Come on, lets get you inside so you can get some proper rest." Malik said, putting his arm around my shouler and leading me back into the main part of the house.

We ended up in the throne room but instead of being mostly empty like it normally was, there was several groups of different people in the room, all crowded in different social circles.

"Malik, is this the girl you told us about?" a man said, all of the people in the room turned around to see what he was talking about.

I felt their gaze briefly drift to me and then look back at Malik in disbelief, "This is my fiancé Leonardo." Malik said, tightening the grip on my arm.

I looked up at Malik, questioning why there was all of these people here.

"Pleased to meet you my lady" Leonardo said, bowing to me, "My lord, what happened at the slayers? Were there many people harmed?" he asked back to Malik.