Chapter 26: Distractions

• Dedicated to Everybody that's been reading my story, I love you all!!!

Sedrick did his best to take my mind off of things but it was like trying to distract a person from a death, my mind just kept on bouncing back to things.

"Serena does have a lot of crap doesn't she?" he said, tripping over some of the bed linen.

I shrugged in response, he was trying his best but in a days time I'm going to see the spirits to complete my end of the deal.

"Did you know she lived in New York for a long time?" he asked.

"Nope, when and why did she live there?"

"She loved the grunge scene and wasn't too pleased with anybody here in The Forgotten Land so she found her way in New York for a while. When she came back though, she wouldn't shut up about it, she just kept on going on and on about it, she was like a girl possesed."

"Have you ever lived in..well the human world?"

"For a while I lived in France, I'd been told that the French accent was one of the most liked amongst women so I was intent on living in France until I managed to pick it up."

"You don't sound French to me?"

"That's because they found out what I was, that's how the whole Garlic and Vampires thing got started." he said and chuckled to himself.

"What? Garlic doesn't kill vampires?" I asked genuinely interested.

"Haha nope. It was started because the French realised that I requested for Garlic to never be put into my food and so did all other vampires. The reason we don't put Garlic in our food is because all of our senses are better than a humans, when we taste Garlic it is even stronger than it is to a human and quite frankly, it is revolting." he made a motion of being sick which made me chuckle.

"What about holy water? Does that kill vampires?"

"Nope, does nothing. I think that originated because people think we're demons and so immediately assume that something holy would kill us."

"Wood?"

"You've already seen me shove one into Julian's stomach. It does wound us but then again it wounds humans as well. A human can get hit in the heart with it as well and they'd die unless they had a heart transplant or something but for vampire's that just isn't possible."

"Crosses?"

"Oh come on. really? Crosses was just a complete made up story because of some people saying that because Jesus was killed on the cross making crosses immediately holy. Vampire's being the opposite to holy just makes it a weapon against vampire's. The first vampire probably thought it was a good idea to pretend that the cross was lethal to them..."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, if a human thinks that they've got something to protect themselves against us with, then they wouldn't look for something else to hurt us with."

"Doesn't that seem unfair? It's misleading humans and makes them believe in a false hope."

"Would you rather be ignorant or terrified? For me, I chose ignorant because if you spend a life time of fear then it really does mess you up. It's like would you choose to run for your life for eternity or be killed on the spot? Every time I would choose killed on the spot, it's better than becoming a paranoid monster that fears every decision they make."

I paused for a couple of seconds. I had made a choice similar, I chose to live in the bliss of forgetting everything that I've seen over the past couple of months rather than having to remember the terrors that I lived through. It's better that way isn't it?