Chapter 29 - Namjoon

They were both on the backseat of the car. Ana's head was on his shoulder and her hand was on his thigh, rubbing it in a comforting way. He leaned his head against hers and closed his eyes. All he wanted to do was protect her. He didn't want to tell the world yet. He wasn't ready. Dispatch didn't leave him any other choice. He didn't turn his phone on. Neither did Ana. He was too afraid of what was going to happen if he did. He knew his parents and the guys had probably blown up his phone.

"Take us to the dorm. I'm leaving Ana there before we go to Big Hit." Namjoon said to the driver.

"Nam..." Ana said lifting her head.

"Shhh..." He said kissing her head. "That's the safest place for you right now. Send some security guards to her place in Chungju..." He started to say but she interrupted him.

"Absolutely not. That will only attract more attention. No." She said.

"She has a point." Manager Sejin said.

"See? Even... I'm sorry I don't think we have been formally introduced." Ana said.

"Ana, manager Sejin. Manager Sejin, Ana my girlfriend." He said, introducing them.

"Nice to meet you. But see? Even manager Sejin agrees with me." She said. He sighed.

"I also agree with him. The dorm is the safest place for you until with figure out what is exactly going on." Manager Sejin said. Ana nodded. The rest of the ride was quiet. They got to the dorm. Namjoon got out of the car.

"Wait." He said as Ana started to get down. He looked around. No cameras or paparazzi. He took his beanie off and put it on her head.

"Nam..." She said as she started to take it off.

"Don't. Leave it on until we are inside." He said. He heard the door of the dorm open, and he looked back. It was Jimin. He had a worried look on his face. Namjoon stepped aside and revealed Ana. Jimin's face changed to one of relief. He ran to the car and hugged her.

"You're okay." He said reassuringly to her. "You are safe here." He said.

"Take her inside while I get the bags." Namjoon said to him. He nodded. Jimin took Ana's hand and escorted her inside. Namjoon walked to the trunk and opened it.

"Are you sure you want to do it?" Manager Sejin asked walking to where Namjoon was. He didn't notice he was staring at the bags on the trunk of the SUV for who knows how long.

"No. I don't want to do it, I'm not ready. She is not ready. I haven't even introduced her to my parents, but do I have a choice? Did Dispatch give me a choice? Did they ask me?" Namjoon questioned in frustration. He sat at the trunk and looked down at his hands, fidgeting with the callouses on his palms. "I know that no amount of cover up from Big Hit will help at all. I just know. I don't want to do it but this is what I must do. It's the only choice and best scenario." He said sighing. "I just want to protect her. She doesn't deserve this." He said looking up at Manager Sejin, he felt his eyes starting to water. Manager Sejin nodded, putting a hand on his shoulder and giving it a reassuring squeeze. He looked down. "Can I throw Dispatch under the bus?" He asked.

"Not recommended." Manager Sejin said. "We all know army will eat them alive after you come forward." He said. Namjoon nodded. "We are working on finding who leaked the news to Dispatch." He said. Namjoon stood up and got the bags out, walking inside the dorm. He could hear the voices of everyone.

"Hyung will take care of it. He always does." He heard the voice of Jungkook say. Namjoon laughed a little. The maknae was always an optimistic one. When he walked to where the voices were coming from, he saw an image that brought comfort to him. Jungkook was hugging Ana on the couch and everyone else was surrounding her, with Taehyung holding her hands while sitting at the coffee table in front of her. Right there, he knew Ana was safe. He knew that no matter what, they would have her back, because deep down, he knew they all loved her unconditionally. He knew that if it came down to it, they would protect her as much as him. That brought comfort and happiness to his heart.