Chapter 43 - Ana

One Month Later

"That is a very Namjoon way to propose. Very intimate and very you." Eun-Ae said while cleaning the counter. She was helping her clean the tables at the coffee shop. It's been a month since Namjoon proposed. They kept it secret for most of it, telling their family and friends little by little, enjoying they bubble of joy and privacy as much as they could. And yet, even after a month of having the ring on her finger, she couldn't believe it.

"Unnie, can I be one of the bridesmaids?" Eun-Ji asked her while walking back from cleaning some tables.

"Yes, yes you can. If your mom says it's ok." Ana said smiling. Eun-Ji turned to Eun-Ae and Eun-Ae laughed.

"Of course you can." She said. Eun-Ji yelped in excitement and jumped. The rest of the night, they spent it finishing cleaning.

"I need to go to haraboji's store real quick. I'll be right back." Ana said to Eun-Ae. She walked next door, the familiar ring of the bell announcing her arrival. Haraboji was in the same place as always. "Is he still back there?" She asked the old man. He nodded. She beelined to the back of the store to the backroom, putting the code into the door and found Namjoon hunched over at the table. She walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, kissing the top of his head. "You are still trying to figure it out?" She asked him, placing her chin on top of his head.

"I'm trying but it's too complicated." He said. Namjoon, as promised, bought a temperature control glass box for the Hamlet copy he got her.

"Maybe you should ask your friend that works at the museum for help. I'm sure they know how to work these." She said, squeezing him. He sighed in defeat.

"Yeah." He said bringing a hand to her arms. He moved his head and looked up at her. "We need to talk about a more pressing matter." He said in a serious tone. She tensed.

"What do you mean?" She asked nervous.

"Where are we going to get dinner." He asked. She pressed her lips on a straight line.

"Really?" She asked him.

"I am hungry and food is a pressing matter." He said, emphasizing the 'is'. She shook her head in disbelief. There was a soft knock on the door. She went to opened it and found Eun-Ji on the other side.

"Eomma asks if you guys want to have dinner at home." She said.

"Your question has been answered." Ana exclaimed, turning to Namjoon. Namjoon laughed. "Tell Eun-Ae that we would love to." Ana replied to Eun-Ji. Eun-Ji nodded and looked inside.

"It's like it's his little world inside there." She said before turning and leaving. Ana chuckled and closed the door. When she turned around, Namjoon was standing towering over her. He put both of his hands on either side of her head on the door.

"Can I help you?" She asked him.

"We do have a pressing matter to discuss though." He said looking down at her.

"What is it?" She asked, placing her hands on his hips.

"What are you going to do when we get married?" He said in more of a rhetorical way than an actual question. She looked at him with a confused expression.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Once we are married, I won't do this back and forth between here and Seoul." He said. She exhaled and looked down.

"I know. I wouldn't want you to either." She whispered. She looked back up at him. "I'm working on it." She simply said. "But I've been living in this town for three years, it's going to take me some time to depart from it. Go easy on me." She said looking up at him. His features softened. He moved his hands and wrapped them around her waist. He kissed the top of her head. She wrapped her arms around his waist. "So much to figure out. We set a time goal for a year from the night we got engaged. We got time." She said.