Chapter 31 - Namjoon

Two weeks later

"Babe, stop stressing about it." Namjoon said to her. He and Ana were supposed to meet his parents in an hour. Ana hasn't stop changing and pacing around his room since earlier that morning.

"This is too short." She said as she looked in the mirror. She had a pink sleeveless dress.

"Babe..." He said standing up from the bed and walking to her. Before he reached her, she went back to the closet. Namjoon closed his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose and sighed. In the two weeks that she has been with him, he decided it was best they went to stay at his apartment for a while, he didn't want to overcrowd the dorm. Meanwhile, Namjoon assured Ana, she could make herself at home. He gave her two drawers on his clothes chest and half of the closet, even though she didn't have many clothes with her.

"I need to look presentable. It's my first time meeting them. The last time I met some in-laws they hated me." She said emerging from the closet on a pair of jeans, a black blouse, and a blazer on hand. She put the blazer on. "How do I look?" She said, turning to him. He walked to her and picked her face between his hands.

"Absolutely beautiful." He said, leaning in and kissing her forehead.

"What if they don't like me?" She asked in a whisper. She wrapped her arms around his waist. He hugged her.

"Why wouldn't they like you? You make me happy, and I love you. That is enough for them." He said.

"But with everything that has happened..." She started to say.

"None sense." He said reassuring her. "I spoke with them the morning after the live while you were sleeping. They don't hate you." He said. "Mom asks me about you every day." He said. "They are excited to meet you." He said reassuringly. She nodded against his chest. "Ready?" He asked her. She looked up at him and nodded. "Alright." They walked out of the room and into the living room. Ana picked her purse from the foyer table.

"Is Sung-Ho here?" She asked putting her shoes on. Sung-Ho was his driver. He checked his phone and he had a text from him saying he was in the garage waiting for them.

"Yes." Namjoon said. He put his mask and shoes on and exited the apartment.

"Wait..." Ana said running back to the apartment, Namjoon got confused. She came back a minute later, with the flower bouquet and the gift bag she got his mom on her hands. "Almost forgot this." She said. They arrived at the garage, got inside the car, and left.

On their way to Ilsan, which was a 20-minute car ride, Ana asked him questions about his parents.

"What is your mom like?" She asked him. He looked at her in the eyes. She had a sparkle in her eyes, one he has never seen before. Almost hopeful. He knew she never got a chance to meet her mother like she should. She had never known what that was like. He gave her a sad smile. He turned his face and looked out of the front window of the car.

"She is kind. She is warm. She loves unconditionally. And I trust her with my life." He said turning back to her, a smile playing on her lips.

"She sounds lovely." She said, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"She is." He said. "And I'm sure she'll love you and you will love her." He said, taking her hand in his. The rest of the car ride was quiet. He knew Ana was anxious, and her mind was going overload. He squeezed her hand every now and then, letting her know he was there. After another fifteen minutes, they arrived to his parent's place. "Ready?" He asked her.

"Let's do it." She said. He opened the door of the car and got out, helping her. He carried the bouquet while she carried the gift bag. They arrived to his parent's doorstep and he unlocked the door.