Twenty Nine: Farewell

The bell rang and that was the signal of dismissal. No student would like to stay in their classrom longer so the empty hallways was quickly filled with students rushing to get home.

Some are asking each other out for a drink. Some are discussing where to hang out after school. Like the usual game plans for university students on Fridays.

"AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! DAHYUN-UNNIEE!!! RYUJIN'S GONNA KILL ME!!!" That's typical Chaeryoung running away from Ryujin because she's pissed her off again. Chaeryoung loves to annoy Ryujin.

They ran through the garden. The Eves laughed at the Loyal Vessels' bond. They sat on the grass with benign smiles on their faces as the students who pass by them bows to them with respect.

It's been like this for two months. Every since that war ended—after they won the great war against the Night Deities, people really treated them like Kings and Queens.

All the Night Deities that fough in the war, their punishment applied to three generations of their families. The Zodiacs decided on the punishments and that is to recruit them in and forever serve the Zodiac's main estate that's why Joy would call Wendy and complain about how her day went. 

It's been peaceful. Night Deities who lived on that great war went into hiding. Though, they pretty much have the idea of how powerful Zodiacs really are. The legends aren't stories anymore. They've seen more than enough.

A familiar girl caught their attention walking towards them.

"Oh, Nayeonnie! Annyeong!" Sana waved and smiled at the girl.

The girl waved back with a small smile before sitting down beside Jihyo.

"Are you visiting her again?" Jihyo asked with her eyes filled of sympathy for the girl.

"Yeah." The girl hid her sadness but her eyes basically tells them everything.

"Do you want us to go with you?" Mina asked, but not trying to invade the girl's thoughts as it's still hard for her.

"I'm okay, girls. Thank you." Nayeon smiled. She then stood up and bid farewell to the girls.

"Oh! Oh, wait up, My Lady! I'm going too!" Ryujin who was wrestling with Chaeryoung stood up and grabbed her backpack to chase after her Master's Eve.

They walked quietly. More like Ryujin forced herself not to open her mouth nor make a sound in order to leave Nayeon's mind in peace.

"Ryujin"

Ryujin tensed up to hear her name being called by her Lady, "H-Hai, My Lady!"

"Do you miss her?" Nayeon looked up to the sky as her hair sway with the warm breeze of summer.

Ryujin looked on the ground, "Of course, My lady. I felt like I lost a home... and a parent.."

Nayeon gulped, swallowing her sadness before giving off a gentle smile to the Loyal Vessel, "I do too, Ryujin."

Ryujin's tears threatened to fall as she realized how bad Nayeon's trying to hide her sadness.

———————————————
They stood in front of a huge gravestone. The old bouquets were replaced by new ones.