Ten: Mother

Chaeyoung visited the mountains on Wednesday after school. She wonders how she would talk to the kid.

'Oh, Chaeyoungie?' Joy noticed the smol cub who just arrived at the top of the mountain.

'Unnie, is Chaeryoung here?' Chaeyoung asks scrathcing her nape.

'Been here for the whole two weeks' Joy sighs. 'Pushing her body to its limit everyday with Ryujin' she added.

Chaeyoung smiles and looked at the corner of the front yard where the way to the back of the house is.

'Thanks'

Joy nods.

Chaeyoung an apple at a tree she passes by and continues to walk. There, Ryujin standing at the end of a rod, trying to balance herself while Chaeryoung is doing a one-hand stand push up. The two looked so dirty and has been in traing for a few hours.

'368...369...370...400..' Chaeryoung counts as she struggles each push up.

'I see you two are working very hard' Chaeyoung uttered, startling the two.

'W-woah..!' Both fell from their stances. But gets up and bows in front of the Zodiac.

'Sorry to interrupt' Chaeyoung laughs awkwardly.

'Not at all, My Lord' Chaeryoung who still has her head facing the ground uttered firmly.

Chaeyoung smile disappeared. She remembers Dahyun, suddenly.

'That girl lacked in love growing up. I just know it because I see myself in her' Dahyun said as she frowns.

'Chaeryoung?' Chaeyoung calls.

'Yes, My Lord'

'Come take a walk with me down in the forest' Chaeyoung said.

Chaeryoung looks up and glances at Ryujin. The latter gives her a nod as a message that she should go. Chaeryoung answered yey and stood up, following behind her master's trailings.

The forest is always so beautiful in the fall season. It's when it's the most colourful. It makes people realize that death could be beautiful too like the leaves that turns dry yellow to red until it falls off the ground leaving the tree dry and lifeless.

'You know, your Dahyun-unnie misses you' Chaeyoung said as she enjoy the scenery.

The younger one looks down. The only sound that's present is the dry leaves that get crushed by the footings of the two.

'I think I owe you an apology—'

Chaeryoung insisted, 'No, master. You shouldn't be feeling like that. It was my fault—'

'Ani, Chaeryoung-ah' The older cuts her off. 'I didn't feel corrupted at all when I saw you in that position with Dahyun. You had no bad intention and it was my fault for not trusting my Loyal Vessel enough'

Chaeryoung only looks down, not knowing exactly what to say. Chaeyoung twirls around facing the girl with a smile.

'Gomawo, Chaeryoungie~ I'm glad I picked you as my Loyal Vessel' Chaeyoung smiled widely, probably the most genuine smile Chaeryoung ever saw.

Chaeryoung blushes and felt all flattered. Her master acknowledged her and she can't help but be thankful.

'Master...'