Part 1

-your pov-

I sat at my desk. Finishing homework from school today. As I wrote on the paper, I heard a knock on my door. I assumed it was my brother, Phillips.

"Come in!" I shouted from my desk through the closed door. My brother soon walked in.

"The boys and I are gonna go play some ball, wanna come?" My brother asked.

"Sure!" I say. I put all my homework away. I was wearing a black tank top, with a fleece over it. And my black P.F Flyers. I put my hair up in a ponytail. (If you have short hair, you can do whatever you want with it in the story). I grabbed my LA Dodgers hat and put it on my head. I grabbed my glove and bat. My brother and I walked out of the house.

-At the field-

A boy pitched Phillips a ball. And he hit it. Not too far. But I caught it. I have to say. I'm pretty good at baseball if I say so myself. Phillips got mad.

"You okay, Phillips?" I checked.

"Yeah, you're just really good at ball, especially for a girl." Phillips laughed. I glared at him. He gave me a gross smirk. He was just mad because I was better than him.

"You're just mad because I'm better than your whole team." I say. He just stood there in embarrassment. I smirked and left the field. I decided to go for a walk. I walked down a little path. I knew there was a baseball field here. It wasn't the perfect place because there were lumps of grass along the dirt. But I didn't care. I sat near a bush. Watching the sandlot boys play baseball. Benny was up to bat. God he was handsome. I shook my thoughts away when I saw a boy. He went to another bush. When Benny hit the ball, it went soaring across the field. The boy was too busy looking at the fence behind him.

"WATCH OUT!" I yelled. The boy turned around and he saw the ball coming towards him. He tried to catch it. But the force of the ball pushed him onto his bottom. I ran over to him.

"Are you okay?" I say helping the boy up.

"Y-yeah, thank you." The boy said shyly.

He picked up the ball and got into this ridiculous stance.

"We're waiting!!!" A boy yelled from the field.

I looked back at the shy boy in a weird way. He threw the ball. But it only landed two feet in front of him. I felt terrible. He must be so embarrassed. As if on que, I heard laughing from the distance. I look over to see all the boys laughing. Except one. Benny. I've always had a crush on Benny. I mean, who wouldn't? He's the most sweetest boy ever. And he's quite handsome if I say so myself. I shook out my thoughts by walking over the the ball. And throwing it to the boy who was the catcher. He had ginger hair. He was in my class. He was the class clown. He and I are somewhat friends. But Phillips couldn't find out. He would get pissed.

"Thanks, y/n!" Ham yelled. I gave him a small smile. I looked over at Benny who was staring at me. I blushed. I turned back to see the shy boy gone. I sighed and headed back home. I opened the door to see Phillips, and he looked angry.