Part 8

Yeah- Yeah and Squints went to go get another ball from the Drugstore. Squints was holding the ball, but then he stopped. He was looking a something.

"Wow." Squints mumbled. "Jeez Louise." Squints mumbled again.

"What's the matter?" Yeah- Yeah asked smacking Squints shoulder.

"Jeez." Squints mumbled. He takes off his glasses and rubs them on his shirt. He puts back on his glasses. And he sees a really pretty girl.

"Wendy Peffercorn. Mhm." Squints said pointing to the pretty lady. Yeah-Yeah then turns his attention to the lady and can't stop staring.

"Whoa!" Squints said. "Wow!" Yeah-Yeah said. Wendy must have saw the boys because when she looked at them and she gave them a soft smile.

"Cmon on, let's go. We gotta get-" Yeah-Yeah said before getting cut off.

"No!" Squints complained. "We gotta get to the sandlot. Let's go!" Yeah-Yeah said.

-at the sandlot-
-your POV-

"Ah. I'm sweatin' like a pig." Yeah- Yeah said. I just laughed. I was standing next to Benny.

"Where you guys been? We've been waiting here forever already." Benny said with his hispanic accent.

"Ah. Squints was pervin' a dish." Yeah- Yeah said handing the ball to Benny. "Shut up. I wasn't." Squints said defending himself. "Yeah. Yeah. You were! Your tongue was hangin' out of your head, and you was swoonin'." Yeah- Yeah said pointing at Squints. "Oh, Wendy Peffercorn, my darling lover girl." Yeah- Yeah says laughing.

-Benny's POV-

"Oh, Wendy Peffercorn. My darling lover girl." Yeah- Yeah said to Squints. I bit my lip to that. Nobody knew that I liked y/n. I mean. I didn't wanna ruin our friendship over some stupid crush.

-your POV-

"I said shut up! I gotta lot of things on my mind!" Squints yelled. "Yeah, like Wendy Peffercorn." I say which made the boys laugh. I turn around to face Ham.

"This pop isn't working, Benny. I'm baking like a toasted cheeser! It's so hot here!" Ham complained.

"It's 150 degrees out there. You can't play baseball. You have to call it for the day." Squints said. "You gotta listen to him, Benny Man." Bertram said. Benny hesitated.

"Vote then." Benny said. "Anybody who wants to be... a can't-hack-it. Panty waste... who wears... their mama's bra. Raise your hand." Everyone raised their hand except me. Benny was confused.

"Hey, I already wear a bra. So does that automatically mean I'm disqualified?" I said in a smart ass tone. "Sorry, n/n." Benny said looking down. "It's fine." I say patting his shoulder

"Fine. Fine. Fine! Be like that! So what are we gonna do?" Benny says. Yeah- Yeah starts to laugh. Then everyone starts to laugh. "Scam Pool Honeys!" The boys all say in sync. I just roll my eyes.

When I got back to my house. I threw on (whatever bathing suit you want.) And some flip flops. I grabbed a towel. And I was ready to go. Benny came over to pick me up with jeans on. "Ummm." I say pointing to his jeans. "What about them." He asks looking at me. "You're a psycho. You're seriously gonna go swim in a pool, with jeans on." I say. "Yup." Benny says proudly. I just roll my eyes.

-at the pool-

All the boys jump in. I put all my stuff out. I see Ham walk over to a bunch of ladies. I just rolled my eyes and laugh. "Hey, ladies. Oh! I remember you! Oh, sexy!" Ham says which makes me burst out laughing. He then flexes fake muscles. Which makes me laugh even more. "CANNONBALL!!!" Ham yelled then jumps in the pool which splashes all the girls. I then walk over to the pool. And dip my feet in. I then feel arms wrap around my waist and begin to pull me up. "Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez! I swear!-" I said before getting thrown in the pool. "You bitch!" I yell before he jumped in the pool next to me. He just laughs. We swam over to the boys. They were all staring at someone.

"Aw, man." Benny said. I just looked at him before I looked up to see Wendy Peffercorn. Damn. This girl is everywhere. "Yeah, yeah. Too cruel." Yeah- yeah says. "She don't know what she's doing." Timmy said. Tommy repeating. "Yeah she does. She knows exactly what she's doing." Benny said. I got a little jealous. Nobody knew that I liked Benny. I didn't wanna ruin our friendship.

"I've swum here every summer of my adult life. And every summer there she is. Lotioning, oiling, oiling, lotioning. I can't this no more! Move!" Squints said doggy paddling to the ladder. My hands were on Benny's shoulders to keep me afloat. He then walked over to the diving board giving us this goofy smile. My eyes widened. "What's wrong with him?" Smalls asked. "What's he doing?" Ham asked. "Three summers of this. I think he finally snapped." Kenny said. "I don't know, but that's the deep end and Squints can't swim!" I say. He got on the diving board and looked at Wendy, he waved. She waved back. He then held his nose and jumped off the diving board.

"Squints!!!" We all yelled. Wendy didn't notice nor hear us. We ran to the other side of the pool. So the only thing I had to do. Was save Squints. I jumped into the pool with no hesitation. "Y/n!" All the boys said. I got to the bottom. I got Squints and swam back up. Wendy then came over to do CPR.

"Everybody move back. Move back. Roll him over." One male like guard said. I then rushed over to Benny. He hugged me tight. "Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded and he just kissed my forehead. I stare at Squints. Wendy began to do CPR. "Cmon, man, cmon!" Benny said. I held his hand because I was scared. "Cmon! Squints! Pull through bud!" Smalls yelled. "Yeah, yeah. Boy he looks pretty crappy." Yeah- yeah said. I used my free hand to smack him in the back of the head. "Oh, god, he looks like a dead fish." Bertram said. Really Bertram? But then Squints eyes opened. "What?" We all murmured. He then closed his eyes again. Wendy didn't notice. So she went to go give him a breath. But, he held the back of her head and kissed her on the lips. I quickly cover Tommy's eyes. After that, Benny hugged me so tight, I could barley breath. "I thought I lost you and Squints." He said. "Well lucky you, we're both alive." I said.

-outside the pool-

"Did you plan that?!" Ham asked giving Squings his glasses. "Course I did, been planning it for years" Squints admitted. "You guys he planned that! He knew what he was doing!" Ham yelled to us. Benny didn't want to let go of my hand. I wasn't complaining though. Benny held my hand the rest of the way home. We all said our goodbyes, and went into our houses. What' a day. I thought to myself.