Part 16

-your POV-

"Hey, I got it!" Smalls said. "Why don't we just go over, and knock on the door, and ask Mr. Mertle if he can get it for us?" Smalls says. "I'm dow-" I say before getting cut off. "Are you out of your mind?! Mr. Mertle is the meanest old man that ever lived. He's the one who made the Beast eat that kid. It's not and option, Smalls. Forget about it." Squints says. "Oh. Sorry. I-I will." Smalls says. "Let's just look out the window." Squints says. We all agree. We look out the window. We saw dolls, broken toys. And a kite. We then heard The Beast growl. We also saw bones. I got a little freaked out. Bones?!? We all back away from the window.

"He's darin' us." Timmy says. "We're on his territory now." Ham says. "Anybody got any bright ideas?" Benny says emphasizing the word bright.

Our first plan. Which I knew was not gonna work. Was taking a piece off of the fence. And getting a wooden stick, and trying to get the ball with that. So, Ham stuck the stick in the fence trying to get the ball. "Farther." Squints says whispering. "Farther, okay." Ham says put the stick farther. "Just a little bit farther." Squints says. "Farther. Farther." Ham says. But then we hear a big stomp. Squints screams. We all scream. "Oh no!" I hear Ham yell. I put my hand on his shoulder and try to pull him away from the fence. Then Yeah-yeah put his hands on my shoulders to help me pull Ham back. We then got the stick back. But it was broken. But also covered in slobber. We all yell again.

"Farther." Squints said. This time. We had a metal pot connected to a metal rod. This has to work. Because it was metal. It made some creaking noises. "Go to the right a little bit. Put the back to the right." Ham says. "A little bit farther." Squints says whispering. "Farther?" The all say. "Guys, I see it. Turn, turn." Ham says. We then turn the pot over. "Almostttt." Squints says. "You got it. Pull it back." Squints says smiling at us. "I got it! Got it, guys." Ham says. The Beast then smashes its paw on the metal pot. "Oh, my god!" Ham yells. "Pull it back!" Squints yells. We all then scream. We then see something going flying in the air. I didn't notice, but Benny grabbed my hand. I gasp. We then hear growling.

"I think we've seriously underestimated The Beast." Timmy says. I nod my head in agreement."Obviously, we're dealing with a superior intelligence." Squints says. I nod my head in agreement again.

"Power." Smalls says. "Okay, guys. Almost ready." Bertram says. "We're connecting power now." Bertram says. "Power connected." Smalls says plugging a plug into something. This time, our plan was with a bunch of I think they were vacuums, and try to suck up the ball with that. We started moving the vacuums down together. "Okay, we're ready." Ham said. "Initiate retrieval suction." Squint says. "Initiate retrieval suction." Tommy says. "Prepare to initiate retrieval suction number one." Timmy says. "Okay, get ready, guys." Ham says looking back at us. "Initiate retrieval suction number one." Timmy says to Smalls and Bertram. "Initiating retrieval suction number one, now!" Bertram says pushing a button. It starts to make a noise. "Fire number two." Squints says. "Firing number two, now!" Bertram says pushing another button. "Fire number three." Squints says from the ground again. "Number three, now!" Smalls says pushing a button. "Ha! You got it. Haul it up." Squints says. "All right!" The boys and I say. The Beast then comes out. The Beast the bites the pipe. "What's happening?" I say. It starts to make a loud whistling noise. We all scream. "What's going on, Squints?!" Ham yells. "The pipe, it's pinched shut." Squints says. "Turn 'em off, man!" Bertram yells. "I can't! They're shorting out! They're shorting out!" Smalls yells. "What the hell is that noise?" Squints asks from the ground. "Guys, the vacs are clogged. I don't know about you but I'm getting the heck out of here!" Bertram yells climbing down the ladder. We all yell. There was smoke everywhere. I made sure everyone got out safe. Because I'm one of the older kids. And the others were only 11. I wanted them to at least get to their teen years. I then feel someone grab my hand. "This way!" Benny yells. We then jump off the side of the treehouse. He puts my head in his chest. "You alright, princessa?" Benny asks. I just nod. We stay like that for a little bit. He then helps me up. My ears are ringing really bad. I cover my ears. "Y/n?" All the boys say. I have tears in my eyes. "Do you guys hear that r-ringing?" I ask. All of them shake their heads no. "I'm just gonna lay right here." I say still covering my ears and begin to lay down on the grass. I then fall asleep.