Part 10

-your POV-

Benny ran all the bases. "Throw it in Squints!" Ham says from home plate. Benny then got to third. But he then got himself stuck in a pickle.

"Pickle!!!" Ham yelled. I then cover third base. Ham and I throw the ball back and forth. But Benny made it home. All the boys complained while I went up to Benny to give him a high five. He brings me into a hug and kisses the top of my head.

"Oh no!"' I hear Squints yell. I turn my head around. My eyes widen. It was my brother. Phillips. I walk over to him.

"It's easy when you play with a bunch of rejects and a kid, Rodriguez." Phillips said. I smack Phillips. "Ow!" He says. "What was that for?" He asked. "Oh I don't know, maybe because, well, you're a bitch." I say. "Oh, so you're one of them now." He said. "Yeah. You got a problem with it, Phillips." I say. Phillips always got scared when I talked in that tone. He moved his head away.

"What'd you say, crap face?!" Ham shouted. "I said you shouldn't even be allowed to touch a baseball." Phillips said. "I could say the same for you." I said smirking.

"Except for Rodriguez, you're all an insult to the game." My brother said. "Come on! We'll take you on right here, right now!" Ham and I yell. "We play on a real diamond, Porter! You ain't good enough to lick the dirt off our cleats!" Phillips say.

"Watch it, jerk!" Ham yelled. "Shut up, idiot!" Phillips argued back. "Moron!" "Scab eater!" "Butt sniffer!" "Puss licker!" "Fart smeller!" Ham yelled. Bertram sniffed the air which made me laugh. "You eat dog crap for breakfast, geek!" My brother argued.  "You mix your Wheaties with your mama's toe jam!" Ham yelled. "Yeah!" We all yelled. "You bob for apples in the toilet... and you like it!" My brother yelled. Ham was beyond pissed. "You play ball like a girl!" Ham yelled. "Ouch." I say offend. "Sorry, y/n." Ham said. I walk up to my brother. "Now you listen up really closely, brother." I say pulling on his jacket and putting my mouth to his ear. "If you don't leave right now, I will put this bat with no hesitation through your skull, understood?" I say. "Tomorrow, noon, at your field." I say backing away from my brother. He just nods and quickly rode away.

"Yeah, n/n!" All the boys say cheering me on. "Jerks." Ham and I say in sync.