Part 11

-the next day-
-your POV-

I was nervous for today, yesterday, my brother and I had made a deal. At home. He said if they win, they can take me onto their team. If they loose, I get to stay with the sandlot boys. I haven't told them yet. And I am about to.

"Hey guys." I say kinda sadly. Benny walked up to me. "You alright, n/n?" He asked concerned. "I have to tell you guys something." I say. They gave me the 'go on' look. "Phillips and I made a deal last night." I say. "The deal was if they win, I have to go to their team. If you guys win... well I stay on this team." I say. They all just sigh. "We will win, I know it!" Smalls said encouragingly. I just smile. Benny hugs me. I don't know what it was for. We then leave to go to my brothers field.

-at the field-
-your POV-

I was pacing in the dugout. Benny was trying to talk to me. But I kept on freaking out. Benny took ahold of my shoulders. "You're gonna do fine, n/n. We will do fine." Benny said. I nod. Phillips' team was up to bat first. I ran out to shortstop. My brother smirked at me. It was a dirty one. I flipped him off. The sandlot boys just laughed. Phillips sat in the dugout in embarrassment.

"Playyyy ballll!" Ham yelled. "Hurry up, batter, it's gonna be a short game and I gotta get home for lunch." Ham says. I laugh. Kenny pitched the ball and it was a strike. Ham laughs. "That's one." He says. "You know, if my dog were as ugly as you, I'd shave his butt, and tell him to walk backwards." Ham said. I giggled. "The heater. Here it comes. I dare. Strike three you're out." Ham said. "Hey, is that you're sister at shortstop, naked?" Ham says. My jaw drops. "Shes naked." Ham says. Causing my brother to kiss the ball. "Shut up, Porter!" My brother says. "Hey, hey, I'm just trying to have a little friendly conversation, come on." Ham says.  "You think she'd go out with me?" Ham said distracting Phillips again.

"Come on. Show me your stuff. Let's see what you got." Ham says. He was up to bat. The boy then pitched the ball, Ham hit a home run. Bertram was up next. Then Kenny. Then Squints. Then Smalls. Then Yeah-Yeah. Then Tommy, who bunted. Then Timmy. They all slid into third base. It was Benny that was up next. He had hit a home run. It was then my turn. I calmed down a bit. "You got this, y/n!" All the boys yelled. I hit the ball. I hit a home run. I won the game. I cheered. My brother groaned. I got up to him. "Y'know, Phillips, you play ball like a loser." I say. "But you're the only loser out there." I say. "So, you play ball like the loser." I say laughing. Benny came over and picked me up and spun me around. "Yeah y/n!" All the boys yelled. I laughed. We then all went out separate ways. Benny and I were walking alone together. "I wonder what Phillips is gonna say when I get home." I say. "You can stay at mine, if you want?" Benny says. "Sure!" I say. "Just let me grab a change of clothes!" I say running into my house. Benny just laughs. I come back out. "Wait, isn't the carnival tonight?!" I say excited. "Yeah!" Benny says. "Are we gonna go?!" I ask. "Yeah?" Benny says. I jump up and down. "Jeez, calm down. Are you like on your period or something?" Benny says. "Just the way I act, doesn't mean I'm on my period, dipshit." I say. "Sorry." Is all Benny says. "I'm just messing with you, Stalker." I say. "Oh ok." Benny says relieved.

The next chapter will be the carnival! So stay tuned! Love you 3000! ❤️